ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Orange Peel!!

172 cup
Can anyone help? recently had my bonnet resprayed on close inspection the paint looks like the surface of a orange, just wondered what causes this kind of finish??

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  Q8 E-Tron
My mate sprayed his own car and it orange peeled, it's apparently when they don't leave enough time between coats or it's too cold, something like that :S

J

JACKO CUP 172!

Where did you get it done? If its a garage, take it back.

Where abouts in Oxfordshire are you? I just had a cheap but good re spray on my bumper and could put you in touch if you're interested!?

106 GTi
New laws on bodyshops going over to water based paints could have something to do with it if it was done recently. Most factory finishes now have it to some degree.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Take it back and get em to sort it . Sounds like either bad technique or setup at the bodyshop . Lots of cars suffer from it from factory , Clios are reknowned for it .

172 cup
Cheers! the respray was done in Abingdon. I live in Leafield Nr Witney any local recommendations would be fantastic.

1.6 16v
i would take it back to the garage, but if you want to risk fixing it yourself. flat the bonnet right down and the polish it up using polish and then use a PC on it.

That shoul;d do the trick! :)

106 GTi
i would take it back to the garage, but if you want to risk fixing it yourself. flat the bonnet right down and the polish it up using polish and then use a PC on it.

That shoul;d do the trick! :)

As long as it is either single stage flat colour or the orange peel is only in the laquer and not both the base and clearcoat on other finishes.