ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Outlook and Sharepoint integration. Help!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
We have a share point site at work, and i want to show how we can use Journal in outlook to build a call log database.

Any ideas?

Facelift R53 Cooper S
We use outlook web-access integrated into sharepoint

I wouldn't recommend it for call logging though, you'd be better off using a dedicated call logging suite, sysaid is one that's free and is good enough to just log calls

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
We use outlook web-access integrated into sharepoint

I wouldn't recommend it for call logging though, you'd be better off using a dedicated call logging suite, sysaid is one that's free and is good enough to just log calls

Its already in use as that, i just wanted to intergrate it with outlook.

Calendar's/Tasks are no issue but this call logging is frustrating as Journal seems perfect for what im trying to do. Shame it doesn't work! nevermind, its only a side project. Cheers for the help!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
As in;

I call someone, i log it in sharepoint. Everyone who uses the portal can then see i logged said call. Same situation if i received something (PDF/Excel file)

I just wanted to do it all in one place.

We use sharepoint as a help desk too but thats a seperate thing and not in my area.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Kind of but even more simplistic than that.

They aren't leads just one time entries.

So "Recieved RS5 information - Attached documentation" or "Called Audi to Confirm RS5 pricing"

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Why don't you just put it in a spreadsheet then upload it to a document register and edit it as you see fit?

EDIT: Sh*t suggestion.

Do you mean like a register?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Its already live on sharepoint, i just wanted the ability to add entries via outlook 2007.

You can't (Unless i build a custom dashboard with that ability). I'll work on the tasks and calendar instead as thats easier.

Last edited:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
i will.

Cant see why it isnt supported, its perfect for what we need.

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
The boy in my work who does SP said he uses Excel Services or he has written this code to allow e-mails and calander to be used. I assume it could be modifed to be pulled from journal:

<OBJECT classid="CLSID:0006F063-0000-0000-C000-000000000046"
width="100%" height="337">
<param name="Folder" value="Inbox">
</OBJECT>
<script language="JavaScript" type="text/JavaScript">
function genNewEmail()
{
try
{
o = new ActiveXObject("Outlook.Application");
if(o)
{
mailFolder = o.getNameSpace("MAPI").getDefaultFolder(6);

//You could also use custom forms like IPM.Note.CustomForm
mailItem = mailFolder.Items.add("IPM.Note");
mailItem.Display(0)
}
}
catch(e)
{
window.status = e.Message;
}
}
</script>
<p>
<p align="center">
<input type="button" value="Create New e-Mail" NAME="cmdNewMessage" OnClick="genNewEmail()">

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Cheers, but thats way beyond my capability. Its more of how we could do it not how we actually do it. :eek: