ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Parc Ferme

106 GTi
I would use it on a nice wax. Either get some Zymol Carbon or put it towards some Zymol Titanium

Ebony Wax
[Z117] £57.00
pixel_trans.gif

Click to enlarge
Click to enlarge
Ebony Wax Ebony Wax has been developed to assist in the colour correction of non-metallic black painted vehicles. Contains 38% Carnauba by volume (90% white, 10% yellow by volume). zymol waxes are actually "zymes" that turn into wax when exposed to air during application on your paint surface.
pixel_trans.gif
This product will be in stock on Tuesday 06 September, 2022.

lol

106 GTi
Why mess around ....

Zymol Atlantique Glaze (22oz) 1,116.00

lol, all does get very silly IMO, I have some Carbon - £40 odd and some Titanium which is meant to be £70, but managed to get a fair bit off the pot I purchased it from Ebay.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
plus it says its for non metallic black surfaces.... not for a cup then?!

106 GTi
The Ebony wax is intended for single stage non metallic black cars. Think combine04 was amused by the in stock date!

Mito Sportiva 135
Silly money I think. I am very happy with the Collinite's with 50/50 on top, really can't see how it could be improved really. Certainly not by the margin the prices suggest.

Maybe on a car with better paint, no way on a CS though!

Why mess around ....

lol, all does get very silly IMO, I have some Carbon - £40 odd and some Titanium which is meant to be £70, but managed to get a fair bit off the pot I purchased it from Ebay.
then theres the zymol royale used on the buggati royal which is circa £6000 six thousand pounds a tub

Why mess around ....

then theres the zymol royale used on the buggati royal which is circa £6000 six thousand pounds a tub
sorry make that 7000 pounds, although the container will be refilled for free for life

106 GTi
Silly money I think. I am very happy with the Collinite's with 50/50 on top, really can't see how it could be improved really. Certainly not by the margin the prices suggest.

Looks wise its all down to the prep, not much in the looks, subtle differences. My main reason for changing over to Zymol for the winter was to see if it really does last. The finish left by the Titanium is totally different to any other waxes I have used, feels like a sealant it is that slick.

106 GTi
sorry make that 7000 pounds, although the container will be refilled for free for life

The Atlantique is just for a non refillable pot which makes it the most expensive one to use if you like it and keep buying pots! To be honest it all gets a little silly really. I have some Concours try in a sample pot, even if I like it I doubt I can stomach well over a 100 quid on a pot of wax.

Mito Sportiva 135

Looks wise its all down to the prep, not much in the looks, subtle differences. My main reason for changing over to Zymol for the winter was to see if it really does last. The finish left by the Titanium is totally different to any other waxes I have used, feels like a sealant it is that slick.

Have you tried using the Collinite's 476s.... seriously, I am really impressed with it, both in terms of durability (although only applied a month or so ago, but still seems the same as when I applied) and gloss. People have commented how clean my car looks even after a couple of hundred miles of motorway driving in winter conditions complete with road salt blasting from gritter! They say they key to getting the most out of it is prep, and I used AG SRP and Jeff's spray sealant (following your recommendation - so cheers for that!) and then 2 layers of 476s. All I have done past few washes is used the CG synthetic detailer and/ or the other CG QD (the red one - can't remember the name but it smells of sex!):cool:

106 GTi
The above should see you through the winter fine, this year I layed down a Megs 16 base as this works almost aswell as the 476. Not got any Collinite on the go at the moment as I only use the 16 every winter for 2 coats. The Collinite is regarded as the number 1 winter wax though.

Mito Sportiva 135
The above should see you through the winter fine, this year I layed down a Megs 16 base as this works almost aswell as the 476. Not got any Collinite on the go at the moment as I only use the 16 every winter for 2 coats. The Collinite is regarded as the number 1 winter wax though.

Yeh, I have just been impressed with the look of it as well as the protection it provides. Really does look and feel very glossy, maybe the combo with the Jeff's sealant is a particularly good one? I read the Megs 16 provides a good gloss finish but can't imagine it being any better than the 476s.

If you get a chance to use it please do and let me know what you think, I would be interested to hear your opinion, never having used the Megs 16 myself, just to compare.

106 GTi
The Jeffs left a better finish than any sealant I have used to date, I was almost tempted not to top it with wax at all and keep building up the layers.

I used the last my 476 up before last winter but never did a direct comparison of them in looks. Neither give a finish (well look) that I am happy with so always end up as base for winter topped with less durable ones for looks. They both look glossy, but lack the depth and glow the likes of P21s, 50/50, Zymol Carbon and Souveran give. With the Zymol Titanium looks wise it is close or on par with all the others but leaves a unique finish. As soon as the spring comes I will be back to 50/50 and Souveran though.

That said - I have just ordered some Swissol Onyx as a Chritmas treat to myself (as predicted no products under the tree!) after seeing it on Black 205 GTi

BabyCouper235.jpg

Picture thanks to Mr Andy C from DW

At 40 quid a pot its in the Zymol Carbon and Souveran price bracket so I dont mind giving it a try.

Mito Sportiva 135
The Jeffs left a better finish than any sealant I have used to date, I was almost tempted not to top it with wax at all and keep building up the layers.

I used the last my 476 up before last winter but never did a direct comparison of them in looks. Neither give a finish (well look) that I am happy with so always end up as base for winter topped with less durable ones for looks. They both look glossy, but lack the depth and glow the likes of P21s, 50/50, Zymol Carbon and Souveran give. With the Zymol Titanium looks wise it is close or on par with all the others but leaves a unique finish. As soon as the spring comes I will be back to 50/50 and Souveran though.

That said - I have just ordered some Swissol Onyx as a Chritmas treat to myself (as predicted no products under the tree!) after seeing it on Black 205 GTi

BabyCouper235.jpg

Picture thanks to Mr Andy C from DW

At 40 quid a pot its in the Zymol Carbon and Souveran price bracket so I dont mind giving it a try.

Cool cheers for that... that photo does look super slick!
Not sure what wax to go for in the Autumn yet, got loads to use up still so guess I should do that. 50/50 looks great though I think...

Not looking forward to having to getting the clay out....going to be a lonnnnnnnnng day!

Cheers for the feedback Richy boy.

106 GTi
50/50 is great value for money - looks as good as the Souveran for nearly half the price. Only used mine a couple of times saving it for the summer.

Luckily the 182 stays fairly contaminent free so should need nothing but a spot clay, fingers crossed!

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh, mine feels great still at the moment, but like to do the full works anyway. Still haven't given into the PC, but have noticed under petrol station lights the bad boy has a few minor swirls. Not bad at all but will annoy me, so might give in finally next year. Just need 4 new tyres first...Gash!

Yeh I think the 50/50 is great. Also rate the XXX as a great value product, only thing it is lacking is durability but for the price you can afford to use it twice as often.

A slow one :-(
I use the Collinite as my winter wax but use P21S for the summer.

How would you compare the P21S to the 50/50?

I love the resultes of the P21S but see everyone on DW raving about the 50/50.

106 GTi
Not tried 50/50 on any colour than Black, on which it looked as good as Souveran. Would like to see 50/50 used on Blue, as I have not found anything I like on Blue as much as P21s yet.

On Black the 50/50 looks a little deeper looking than the P21s but lacks pop the P21s seems to add.

Mito Sportiva 135
Haven't used the P21s myself but the 50/50 looks great (although only had the chance to use it once before winter).

I've got a pearl black so not quite as much flake to bring out as the black gold on the 182s, looked very slick when it was done though and lasted until I stripped it off for proper winter protection. Would recommend.