ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Passenger Door Lock Faulty

Civic Type-S GT
Hi everyone,

I've tried searching for the solution to this problem but no-one has been able to come up with a definitive answer.

Last night it was chucking it down and in the hurry to get inside away from the wetness, I accidentally pressed the central locking button when the passenger door was still open.

Now, the drivers door and the boot will lock with the central locking but the passenger door can only be locked manually with the lock.

I've tried disconnecting the battery but that didn't do anything.

My passenger door lock used to make a whirring noise when the lock was used but now that doesn't happen so I can only assume that there is no power going to the motor or the motor has packed in (which is a bit rubbish considering all I did was lock the door when it was open!)

Anyone make any suggestions? I'm thinking a new motor by the sound of it. I would check the connections but I'm not sure how to.

Thanks everyone

LY 182
all you need to do, is pull the door card off, locate the wire leading to the central locking motor,, and use a test light to see if you get live down it when you press the lock button..
little trick for you, to save buying a test light get yourself a standard 501 bulb (capless sidelight type) and bend the little wires out on it in such a way that you can simply plug it in to the locking motor plug.
press the button and it should light up.
if it does, you need a motor.

Civic Type-S GT
cool, cheers I'll give that a try.

The door card isn't too hard to remove and replace is it?

Thanks

LY 182
cool, cheers I'll give that a try.

The door card isn't too hard to remove and replace is it?

Thanks
nope dead easy, all i will say is though if you try to be too careful with it you'll never get it off- you will see what i mean when you are imfront of it :)