ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Passenger door lock wont work

Jap Box
As per title, passenger door lock will not open using the key, key goes in and just will not turn or move one bit.

Door locks fine though with central locking and handle all works fine, could the door be from a different car and have a different lock? or could it be another problem?

Also, the drivers door lock is on it's way out I think. Have to turn key all the way with force to get the lock all the way up to unlock the door, it doesnt push the lock high enough really, only the central locking does.

Anyone had problems like this before? any way I can find out if the passenger door is from a different car?

Thanks

Renault Clio 1.6 RXE
I have the same problem on my drivers door, insert key doesnt do anything but turn, my guess would be its just the mechanical part of the lock that is broken, i havnt really looked into getting it replaced tho. Im not sure if you can replace the barrel and keep using the existing key or not.

Jap Box
I have the same problem on my drivers door, insert key doesnt do anything but turn, my guess would be its just the mechanical part of the lock that is broken, i havnt really looked into getting it replaced tho. Im not sure if you can replace the barrel and keep using the existing key or not.

Yeah, the key goes in fine but it just will not move. Ill try get it seen to tuesday when im getting some other bits done and see whats said about it :)

My boot does the constant turn, not sure if you can do the same but with the boot I put a load of force into it and turn it right, then the lock clicks back into place and the boot works as normal again.