ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

payment gateway - selling online

Rav4
Hi guys,

What payment gateway do you use for selling online?

Just wondering if you guys use your banks / worldpay / paypal and so on.

Just messing around with an online shop.

Thanks,

G.

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
personally i always stick to my bank but paypal if needs be. although i am very low scale. a bloke on here recently had alot of trouble with paypal, think they are currently holding £35k of his money may be worth reading into his thread

Rav4
Ah didn't know there was. dont like paypal myself.

I'll try and find it, thanks for the reply :)

I use PayPal and Google Checkout.

Google Checkout imo are better than PayPal. Easy to set up, and the more you earn, the less fees you pay.

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
if you use Paypal you need to plan in for a costs of fraud. They will chargeback you without a fight and people know this and abuse it.
We use sagepay, its cheaper and has better security, more information so I can decide whether transactions are safe to proceed with dispatch.
Business banking accounts can be got for free so theres no reason to use expensive services like paypal.

Thanks guys.

CJ, how you finding the google checkout in regards to pricing?

Thanks,

G.

For me it's cheaper than Paypal, as my volume is high enough to reduce the fee amount.

Google also authorise and credit check each order, and only accept the order once it's passed. Much safer.

The funds are transfered to your bank account at the end of each day automatically, unlike paypal where you need to send it yourself.