ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PC Question (Sorry, another one!)

Mito Sportiva 135
Hi guys

After deliberating for months I think I am finally going to give in and get a PC.

My car, and most those I work on, are generally in good nick, only minor swirls and minor holograms on my Dad's car. All three cars my family owns are black.

Therefore:

1. What is the best place to order a PC from, including a transformer, and pads (all in one stop preferably)
2. What pads should I look to get? I have been looking at the 4" ones, and was thinking of getting some medium, light and finishing pads. Will this be enough? And can I buy these from 1.?
3. Which products? From the post below, was thinking of the Menzerna range? I have used rotary polishers before, so kind of have a grasp of what to do/ what not to do, and I'm a quick learner so want to get products that work the best rather than what is simply easy to use.
4. Am I right in thinking that most of you already with PCs mainly use them to apply polish? As the sealant I have at the moment is in a spray, and probably doesn't need much working into the surface after a good polish.

Sorry to bring this PC post up again, but wanted to make sure that I am getting the right pads and products to suit my particular needs before forking out the money.

Thanks a lot!!

Although I am slightly sad I caved :D

106 GTi
Tim at Clean Your Car does PC with everything you need, if you not fancy importing it and getting the other bits from electrical places.

I would get at least 2 of each of pads in normal 6 inch sized ones, 2 light cut, 2 polishing and 2 finishing, and the same again in 4 inch size at least. Some times you need more than one of the same grade of pad, and the 4 inch spot pads are a must for certain parts of the Clio.

Polish wise the Menzernas give the best results with the steppest learning curve, the Pooboys SSR range give good results without some of the trickyness the Menzernas range can bring. I started off using the Poorboys SSR range.

You can apply sealants and waxes with the PC, I would get softer Lake Country finishing pad, as opposed to either of the Sonus ones if you intend to do that. I tend not to as I find it wastes sealants and waxes loading and priming the pad.

Mito Sportiva 135
Brilliant Rich, thanks.

I feel sad somehow to give in.... feel a PC is cheating almost or breaking from tradition.
I'm sure I won't be saying that though when I can polish my car in less than 2 hours....:D

Do you know if Tim stocks the Menzerna range and pads too? I'm at work and won't let me access the site? Don't worry if not I can check over the weekend if I can get net access.

All I need now is the M3 to go with the PC.....;)

Also, breaking from the detailing theme, there is a BMW 130 3 door sitting outside at work and I can confirm it looks awesome.... and there is a 135 to follow. This is going to be the ultimate hot hatch! Rumours of a 1 Series Coupe deviant too, that would look even better than the "normal" 3 door.

106 GTi
Tim does the Menzerna stuff and a decent range of pads aswell yes.

2 hours hey, will take you half that to mask it up ;)

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh, forgot about that stage, don't think it will take me an hour though! You think normal tape that you use when decorating will be ok, seems to be fairly weak adhesive wise so should come off fine.

Fiat Coupe 20vt
Hi, my site has been down today and is still 'sick' but functional.

Give me a shout on email if you need any advice etc.

Cheers Tim

106 GTi
Yeh, forgot about that stage, don't think it will take me an hour though! You think normal tape that you use when decorating will be ok, seems to be fairly weak adhesive wise so should come off fine.

I normally use the blue 3M stuff, but have used the normal stuff in the past.