ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PDF passwords - in a business

Rav4
Hi,

Do you guys currently PDF passwords, if so, what do you use?

I have 6 users needing to do it, but buying 6 x Acrobat X licenses (£300 a pop) seems like a waste of money just to password protect a PDF,

How do you guys go about this?

Thanks,

G.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
if you're just after password protection and have access to a mac then....

1.) Open PDF in Preview.
2.) Export PDF, select encrypt and enter the password.
3.) Profit.

Audi S1
Just noticed my last post didn't make much sense.

Create a new folder on a network drive which only those users have access to. Is what I was meant to say.

Rav4
They are PDF's with people's health insurance information, which is then emailed to the insurance company with updates/amendments. The password is required, in order to comply with FSA regulations as emails aren't "encrypted".

Acrobat is a great tool for this, but at £1800 it seems a waste :s

Thanks for all the input,

G.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
If it's encrypted to a specific level then yes it should be fine, what I was going to suggest.

DCi
we are allowed to use zip's when we are not emailing over our secure network. we aren't fsa though we're just government restricted markings :/

we'd never be allowed to use that link though haha

Rav4
PDF in a zipped file it is. Bosh, saved £1800.

Total savings this annum is 78k

Bonus for this annum is 1k.

:S

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
PDF in a zipped file it is. Bosh, saved £1800.

Total savings this annum is 78k

Bonus for this annum is 1k.

:S

Minus your yearly salary for taking so long to figure out something as simple as free zip encryption programs. ;)

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Minus your yearly salary for taking so long to figure out something as simple as free zip encryption programs. ;)

Plus minus a few quid for our consultation fees...

And make sure you're using a decent algorithm + key length combo ;)