ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

perimeter protection

last week sum lowlife stole my new M4 chrome mirrors with the indicators in them. ive got a toad alarm with tilt sensors etc.. but i want to upgrade, what are your views on a perimeter sensor? are they a waste of time cos they might be set of when some body walks close or are they worth investing in? or what alternatives do i have? cheers.

I have it.. Id have it again too.

People walk past yer car.. too close, possibly scratching it.. go up to it to have a look through the window.. it makes them think twice - cant be a bad thing, can it?

Daz.

If it goes off, they are too close to my paintwork.. just lets them know theres a car there, and it aint afraid of making noise! hehe.

i was thinking of getting an alarm with one of them pagers, most people where i live (myself included) just ignore alarms going off, the perimeter protection is good i think, it will deter most. I was walking past a car in curries car park, i was about a foot away and it said" please move away this vehicle is alarmed"! it was pretty loud, scared the hell out of me, also everyone looked and i felt a right T.I.T!

think microscan have uprated them this year, saw one with 4km range, not sure wat that is in miles though.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

yeah i was thinking of getting one. i can get a lcd one for £40, say 1 1/4 mile range, but thats with nothin in between i think

thing is if your like 4 miles away then by the time you get to your car then it will probably be gone! also every time the alarm goes off when someone walks past the beeper goes off, probably end up getting well annoying! I would still like one though!

Any chance of adding this type of protection onto standard clio alarm?

Think its Cobra, Thatcham 1 (standard fit)

I dont want new alarm but some kind of module ie cliff,toad ect...

Cheers