ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phone contracts

Dynamique Flamer
I have a contract out with orange i have no insurance on it though ( my brother told me to run it over with my car to get a replacement)!

As its on contract do they still have to make sure the phone is fit for the purpose it was sold for? Its generally crap but it wont make calls or take calls it just cuts off or they cant hear me or i cant hear them?

Could i take it to a shop and demand a different phone?

AK

M240i
Should be covered under manufactures warranty tbh?

You'll need to phone Orange tho and probs send it to them. Could take some time. . .

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Don't run it over.

If there's a fault with the phone it should be covered under 12 months warranty. As long as you havn't damaged it yourself they should sort it out for you.

Dynamique Flamer
No i havent damaged it apart from dropping it but that hasnt made the fault with the phone i dont want the same handset back though i would rather give it back and them give me a cheaper handset? would they do this?

330Ci (Fail)Sport
lol only insurance will replace it if you drove over it and you'd need accidental damage which some don't cover.

If there are problems that you didn't cause, it'll be under warranty for up to 1 or 2 years depending on manufacturer. Chargers, cables etc are normally only 6 months. If its under warranty, you can take it to any Carphone Warehouse and they'll fix it under warranty. It could take up to a week if it needs to be sent to a store with repair centre, not all of them do.