ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phone Recycling

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
I've just wrapped my 8Gb 3G up to be sent to Mazuma, it got me thinking - these companies must have had a sudden surge of these phones recently - what exactly do they do with them after?

dk

911 GTS Cab
They refurb and sell to the middle east as they are popular there or something, others they ebay. The ones that don't work they break down for the parts and actually recycle stuff.

BG 182 FF
Wouldn't bother with recycling. You'll always get more on ebay. They gave me 75% less than what I was quoted and then when I asked for it back they required £15 to send it me back.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Wouldn't bother with recycling. You'll always get more on ebay. They gave me 75% less than what I was quoted and then when I asked for it back they required £15 to send it me back.
You didn't use a decent one like mazuma, the ones that offer the highest price are normally the dodgiest, need to go with the ones people have used before and recommend.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi

May get more BUT I'd have to pay 10% (or whatever it is) for sellers fees, then any Paypal costs and then postage costs - worry about packaging it all up etc etc.

With Mazuma, I requested yesterday and got a bag today to send it off, should have the money in the next couple of days.

I'd rather do that any day of the week than sell it on eBay tbh. If the phone is working then you'll get the amount advertised.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Why didn't you keep it instead of replacing it with a new one that no one will even know you have unless you tell them?

Please don't tell me you were one of these that bought out of their old contract?

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Me? Yes I did - I would have upgraded in January anyway but would not have got as much for my 8Gb 3G as I did today.