ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phone repairs

172 - 249bhp @ the wheels
Anyone recommend a decent and legit company that repair mobiles? Had an accident with the HTC and need a new screen for it as it's cracked. It still works, just annoying.

Found these guys who seem legit, but want £100 to sort it out, which seems expensive.

http://www.turnonyourmobile.com

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
If it doesn't show too much accident damage take it to the contract providser mate.

Vodafone fixed mine for free cause I had a berry contract.

Special treatment innit/

It's a HTC touch pro 2 and me and the missus are both on Vodafone business contracts but they were massively unhelpful and basically wanted me to buy a new phone at £500. Which for that price they can fcuk rate off.

I've contacted HTC who said they will replace the screen and refurb it for £91 though, so think that's the route I'll go down. Don't mind paying that for piece of mind.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah piece of mind plus warranty mate, it's not a cheap phone.

Vodafone were very good with me.

I'm surprised especially with you being business contract.

So were we mate, but we'll be writing them a snotty letter all the same, as their staff were useless and couldn't have been any less helpful.

Once it's fixed think I'll be stumping up for phone insurance as I've never needed it before, but these new touch screen ones are pretty fragile... then again, it was caused by a combination of coat pocket and bucket seats lol

£30 from where though? I dont want to fit it myself tbh and I could take it into market square in Manc city center and have it done there which will no doubt be a lot cheaper than £90-100, but there's no comeback and it's an expensive phone.

Bumder With A Buffer
Depends if its out of warranty then its not an issue is it really?

What about claiming through phone insurance if you have any.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
He doesn't if it's out of warranty even a noob like me would have a go but it's a new phone so it'll have warranty.

Warranty wont cover it as it was accidental damage cause by myself (well, 2 live's bucket seats! lol), but HTC provide a warranty on the repairs.

Dont have phone insurance either. Silly I know, but had mobile phones for over 10 years and never needed it before, but I will be taking it out once it's repaired though.

Bumder With A Buffer
Pfft you couldn't fight your way out of a wet paper bag let alone change a screen on a phone ;) xxxx

Bumder With A Buffer
Warranty wont cover it as it was accidental damage cause by myself (well, 2 live's bucket seats! lol), but HTC provide a warranty on the repairs.

Dont have phone insurance either. Silly I know, but had mobile phones for over 10 years and never needed it before, but I will be taking it out once it's repaired though.

Depending on what bank your with you get it for free with some accounts. Im an advantage gold acc holder with Natwest...get all sorts free with that. Worth looking into.

Yeah, I did have a fancy account with Lloyds, but typically downgrade and then this happened lol. Cost £17 a month, wbut I'd rather set fire to myself than give those tw4ts money when they already get my tax paying money as a bail out.