ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Photo Stream Issue

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Hi chaps, i've noticed for ages now that my photo stream doesn't contain all of my pictures. Common?

It only seems to go back so far? Any solutions?

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
It will only take the ones that you have taken since you have turned it on. So any before wont be in it iirc.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Well that's a bit pisch! It backed up contacts i've had before.

So if I lose my phone and I back up my new one to iCloud i'll just get half my pictures? Luckily I still back up to my computer then!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'm sitting about 990 on the phone. Oh well. I'll just keep backing up to the phone.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Have you guys upgraded your iCloud ?5gb is a bit pisch.

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
Photo stream only keeps your last 1,000 photos, or last 30days worth. Whichever is greatest.

Bt yeh, iCloud backup will capture the entirety of your camera roll if you have sufficient space.

55GB account FTW! ;)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Hmmm i'll need to check the storage then, maybe that's why. :)

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
It'll only keep the ones you have taken since you turned photo stream on though? You reckon that might be it?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I think so, which seems ridiculous considering it backs everything else up that was used/taken/put on before iCloud backed up.

Doesn't matter too much it's backed up to the laptop now and again.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Didn't realize people actually kept 1000+ photos on their phone. i plug mine in once a week and transfer all photos over to the MB and then delete off the iphone.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Im only on pauper 16Gb, but i still think even if i had a 64gb i would still transfer and delete from the phone as i never look at them on the phone.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Except photos, whats point of iCloud ? Everything gets backed up to gmail etc.

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
Gmail only backs up certain things, you don't get safari, reminders, passbook, actual iCloud backup too...