ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Photography Forums

Fiesta ST-3
Other than this place and TalkPhotography, do any of you use any other Photography forums?

I like Talkphotography but it has a lot of bird watchers... yawn who post nothing other than that and offer not critique at all.

So any suggestions welcome.

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
only really exploring forums however I did used to post on www.photosig.com which is a USA based site where people from all over the world post their pictures to be critiqued. It kind of runs like, you post one picture to be critiqued and in return you critique 3 other peoples pictures.

There is a basic free account and a premium account ($25.00 the last time I was there) with no adds and a higher upload per week image rate.

here's my old account on there...

http://www.photosig.com/go/users/userphotos?id=53745

Cupra
Photography on the net (POTN) but it is mostly a Canon forum.

It also has a large client base that also frequent Mac rumours, in that the same retarded questions and attention seeking posts pop up three to four times a day. If you are just after some advise or feedback, it's a good place to be though.

2.2 bar shed.
4chan.org/p

Dont go there unless you can take SERIOUSLY harsh crit. Pretty good for actual art though.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/

I used to spend hours and hours on there. Has both some proper gear-heads for all your technical stuff as well as some outstanding talent posting their work. Not been on for a while but the Landscape section used to depress me knowing I'd never even get close to what some people were sticking up there.

RB 182
I only use Talkphotography, but even then it's rare. I feel it's one of those forums where you really have to put effort into it, to get any kind of reply back, especially in the critique boards. Advice wise it's ok, there are a couple of people on there who are great, but besides that, I don't know, something is missing.

I have to agree about TalkPhotography.
I know a lot of friends and toggers who post on this and other car forums I use are on TP, but I agree, the site does lack something.
I post a bit and enjoy reading some of the funny opinions/debates in the general photo forums.
It is a useful site for tips/advice on gear though.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
TP is good. It's different to CS. It's a bit more mature and I think if that doesn't come across in your thread then it isn't answered well.

Saying that CS Is incredibly helpful on almost everything, which is really unusual. The e36 forum i am on isn't very friendly unless you have an m3 Evo?!?!??!!