ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Photography Round 30 - 'The Streets'

Andy and I were joint 1st for 'Food and Drink'

4407063814_db7108486f.jpg

and..

4436654246_d922b126c0_o.jpg

Andy has chosen 'The Streets' for the next theme. Interpret it as you wish.

Comp runs from now until midnight Wed 7th April. Any photos entered must be taken between now and midnight Wed 7th April.

Rules:

- Post a maximum of 3 images at one time, you can come back with more pics if you have tried something different, but please stick to 3 pics max each time.

- You must flag one image as your entry, feel free to repost your chosen image towards the end of the comp with 'entry' above it, this will be placed into a new thread at the end of the alloted time for people to vote on.

I will no longer be automatically taking the first image somebody posts, only images with entry clearly written above or below it will be accepted

- Try to keep posted images to a max of around 800px wide.

- No rules on photoshop use etc, but this is first and foremost a photography contest, not a photoshop contest.

- All images entered must be taken within the dates of the competition specified above.

- Winner chooses next subject

- Revels apologies for stealing Chris' rules! lol..

Ian

Focus TDCi
Congrats to the winners and lol at riz! Should be a good topic and if anyone gets a candid of Mike Skinner they get my vote just for the effort. :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I've never entered before, and I'm certainly no photographer, with no DSLR to hand, but I've been away and actually have a two pics I could show in here...

As for how it fits the theme, being a London lad, you could say this was

"The streets aren't the same around here"

entry2.jpg

I think this one I can call my entry but I'm not certain yet, so will repost nearer the end.

entry1.jpg

Fiesta ST-3
Im really struggling to get a picture for this, being my first time entering. I want somthing not so orignial. Hmmm

Ian

Focus TDCi
Best to get out there and get a few shots Scotty and then go from there. Speaking from experience, I end up taking no photos if I think too much. :)

Hopefully going into Manchester tomorrow so I'm planning on taking the camera with me.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Popped into Manchester today for a bit of shopping and decided to take the camera with me. First time attempting any candids and it scared the bejeezus out of me, took about 8 photos in 4 hours in-between shopping lol.

Not planning on entering any of these, but I'm hoping it will get the ball rolling with this comp a bit. :)

Like the idea behind this one, just think it needs a bit of refining. (SOOC):
4481322865_2325029a93.png

(Bit bright?)

Not really properly focused, but I'm definitely gonna find a few more alleyways as they're awesome for photos. I thought this guy was asleep but I think he was reading a book:
4481995660_e8af9e06e4.png

(Bit dark?)

These guys were having a right laugh and didn't even notice me behind them; I managed to capture the hug, but didn't fancy my chances of getting their faces in shot without some awkward questions! Damn lamp post too:
4482043006_86546552f3.png

Oh and I bought myself a calibration thingy for my laptop and computer screen while I was out, so hopefully be able to sort them out as they've been bugging me so, so much.

Hopefully get a second chance tomorrow!
Ian

Fiesta ST-3
I was thinking of entering this picture.

The first clip is a picture taken from the site and explains my entry (second clip) of 'the streets'

IMG_0476.jpg

IMG_0480.jpg

Ian

Focus TDCi
Looks like this is gonna be a straight fight between Robbo and Scotty at this rate!

Ian

Focus TDCi
Oops, deadline tonight. It was clearly a great topic choice. :eek:

Lol, I think it's one of the best topics we've had to be fair! Think sometimes nobody enters for a while and there's no momentum as a consequence.

I'm trying to resist the urge to do some Dustin Diaz style street portraiture loaded with off camera flash, but we'll see. :)

Football's on tonight anyway so I'll probably forget!

Nimbus Megane R26
Just a quick mess about with a photo i took on saterday in newyork. Done abit of black&white / colour. First time iv tried it.

4500343116_c8662ced6a_b.jpg

SLK 350
Entry: "The streets have no name"

4500575402_c31b492ebe.jpg

It's my first entry to the competition :approve:

The picture was taken with a TZ7 at a village near to Luang Prabang, Laos. It [like so many places I've visited] struck me by the differences from London; a completely different way of life. I chose to highlight the orange shirt due to the similarity with the Buddhist Monks robes.

Stock photo here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ehgringo/4486049132

Edit - Everyone went for the same look then, hah

Ian

Focus TDCi
Meh..

Taking into account that the football is about to start and I'm therefore most likely to miss any opportunity to get something better on this lovely sunny evening; I'll enter this just in case.

Entry:

4482043006_49c75dab98.png

Street candid taken in Manchester last Thursday.

SLK 350
Have no clue, I PM'd Revels, but no reply. Shouldn't take long, not many entries. Maybe nobody wants to vote because we're all s**t lol