ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pops and Bangs remap...

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
The odd pop is nice, ie Volvo T5 engine.

When It sounds like that evo/cossie... Everyone probably thinks your cars broke.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
just sounds s**t and annoying like that. the odd pop with lift off is good but costant banging is shite

RS6 C7
My friend descided to make his own system to get these results... He wired a switch into the ignition which cut the engine for a second so it overfuels (i think) and then revs it and it it restarted.. He was killed a couple of weeks later in a car accident :(

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
My friend descided to make his own system to get these results... He wired a switch into the ignition which cut the engine for a second so it overfuels (i think) and then revs it and it it restarted.. He was killed a couple of weeks later in a car accident :(

Was the accident a result of his engine being switched off and having no brakes/steering?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
wow i love it when people who know piss all about cars comment lol! the cosy is using ignition cut which can be used for launch, i.e the ecu or ignition system cuts the ignition above say 4krpm (which you choose by revving the car to that limit you want then the ecu or the ignition controller has an input grounded) meaning anything above that rev won't fire so you can hold the throttle wide open letting you then side step the clutch and wooosh you go.

the evo''s like all the clios and other cars on here have a stupid shitty map that when the car has the throttle closed but the engine is still moving so you are coasting the ignition timing is set to 0 so on gear change or coasting with a closed throttle fuel is still going in to the engine with no ignition meaning you get pre ignition as the ecu then hunts for a signal igniting the fuel at the wrong time making "pops and bangs" its by far the biggest bullshit and waker move anyone can do on a map lol! plus your plugs will die quicker and give you hot spots in the mani and exhaust which serves no performance increase wears out plugs which will eventually kill the leads and ignition packs as well as giving you a wanker award!

wow i love it when people who know piss all about cars comment lol! the cosy is using ignition cut which can be used for launch, i.e the ecu or ignition system cuts the ignition above say 4krpm (which you choose by revving the car to that limit you want then the ecu or the ignition controller has an input grounded) meaning anything above that rev won't fire so you can hold the throttle wide open letting you then side step the clutch and wooosh you go.

the evo''s like all the clios and other cars on here have a stupid shitty map that when the car has the throttle closed but the engine is still moving so you are coasting the ignition timing is set to 0 so on gear change or coasting with a closed throttle fuel is still going in to the engine with no ignition meaning you get pre ignition as the ecu then hunts for a signal igniting the fuel at the wrong time making "pops and bangs" its by far the biggest bullshit and waker move anyone can do on a map lol! plus your plugs will die quicker and give you hot spots in the mani and exhaust which serves no performance increase wears out plugs which will eventually kill the leads and ignition packs as well as giving you a wanker award!

+1111111eleven111

I will endeavour to copy and paste this post into every future thread about pop and bang remaps.