ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Porka 997 C4S......gt rep kit

B

Brown.

It looks good but......why ??....surely if you want it looking like one, on the outside....you gotta hve it hard core on the inside!

_MG_1430.jpg

_MG_1432.jpg

_MG_1436.jpg

Turbos.
And that is why Porsches are for cnuts i'm afraid, and are always a lower level to Astons/Ferraris IMO.

The geek within me can tell them apart quite easy as the ride height is very different to a proper GT3. No rollcage either, obviously.

It's not a GT rep kit it's just the cup aerokit. Similar in style but it's clear that it's not a GT3 a mile off. Exhaust, front bumper, wheels etc...
Some people want the fixed spoiler and more agressive bumper but would find the GT3 too aggressive for day to day use. No harm in that IMO.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
see them all the time in brum tbh, they look good, i woudl debadge it though

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Some people want the luxurious interior to go with the more agressive looks. Comapring a 997 an Aston/ Ferrari is pointless. Completely different market, a basic 430 is nearly double the price of a basic 997, how can you compare them. I love the AMV8 (old man has one), but as a drivers tool the 997 has it covered.

Snotter's
And that is why Porsches are for cnuts i'm afraid, and are always a lower level to Astons/Ferraris IMO.

The geek within me can tell them apart quite easy as the ride height is very different to a proper GT3. No rollcage either, obviously.

And no other brand of car has ever being modified?????? he has put a spoiler on and still has the 4s badge so isnt really trying to pass it off as a gt3.

Does it mean BMW'S are for c***s as ive seen plenty of m3's with csl wheels and a bootlid :)

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
So if i want to put a V6 kit on a 1.2 Clio its OK because i want to combine style with economy...?

show me a decent V6 Rep and you can have both;);)
I dont see the problem with the kit if i had a 4S id get the front bumper + skirts not too sure about the Quaver like whale tail

Some people want the luxurious interior to go with the more agressive looks. Comapring a 997 an Aston/ Ferrari is pointless. Completely different market, a basic 430 is nearly double the price of a basic 997, how can you compare them. I love the AMV8 (old man has one), but as a drivers tool the 997 has it covered.

Interior isnt raw in the GT3 you can spec what seats you want so you dont have to have buckets etc in it. The comfort side is more down to how aggressive it is to drive than the interior of the car.

And no other brand of car has ever being modified?????? he has put a spoiler on and still has the 4s badge so isnt really trying to pass it off as a gt3.

Does it mean BMW'S are for c**ts as ive seen plenty of m3's with csl wheels and a bootlid :)

Thankfully E30's E46's and E92's are sufficiently different to make reps a pain in the arse to do. E36's however every man and his dog had M3 front and rear bumpers, skirts and spoilers on their asthmatic headgasket prone 318i's.

B

Brown.

IMO My Lass mum has a 997 c4s in normal guise and it looks much better. just plain porsche

Turbos.
So if i want to put a V6 kit on a 1.2 Clio its OK because i want to combine style with economy...?
No, because a 1.2 clio isn't a sports car, and a vee is a completely different car.

Yeah, but what if i needed an economical car? It has more logic than having the above Porsche.

The GT3 is £8k more than a 4S, but obviously the gap is much smaller when you add the bodykit and wheels. The GT3 also has better residuals and is still a perfectly usable car, much better on the road than an Elise for example. For me, it makes no sense at all.

Englebert those wheels arent GT3 wheels! they're SportDesign wheels. Alot of people prefer the stability of the 4WD models so may choose it on that basis alone, the turbo is closer to £100k which is another jump again in cost.

No, because a 1.2 clio isn't a sports car, and a vee is a completely different car.

Added to the fact the Aerokit cup is a factory and retrofitable option from Porsche, doesn't pretend to be a GT3 and has different front and rear bumpers ;)

Turbos.
IMO My Lass mum has a 997 c4s in normal guise and it looks much better. just plain porsche

Yeah, standard 997s look great IMO, much better than the 996. I also like the GT3's look, because they looks suit the purpose. I hate huge wings and bodykits on cars which is clearly is only for showing off.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

Yeah, but what if i needed an economical car? It has more logic than having the above Porsche.

The GT3 is £8k more than a 4S, but obviously the gap is much smaller when you add the bodykit and wheels. The GT3 also has better residuals and is still a perfectly usable car, much better on the road than an Elise for example. For me, it makes no sense at all.
That's not the point though! A C4s is a very different car to a GT3. The price gap being small only shows that they appeal to different markets. You may see the GT3 as perfectly usable, but many wouldn't. Could be an auto for example.

Turbos.
I'm not sure how that makes it better tbh... if some pussy wants to look like a uber cool track day boy but really wants an auto to go to Tescos, thats ok? Thats fine to have your opinion, but i hate posers. I guess having a Porsche in bright yellow only confirms my suspicion that its owned by someone with an incredibly small penis.

It's still a sports car though so I don't see the problem. I'm no fan of yellow on any car but at least the owner had the balls to order the colour they wanted rather than pussy out like most do and order in black grey dark blue or silver worrying about residuals.

Snotter's
I'm not sure how that makes it better tbh... if some pussy wants to look like a uber cool track day boy but really wants an auto to go to Tescos, thats ok? Thats fine to have your opinion, but i hate posers. I guess having a Porsche in bright yellow only confirms my suspicion that its owned by someone with an incredibly small penis.

So becuase somebody wants the stability of 4wd they are a pussy? And a yellow car equals a small penis? Your logic is pretty strange and i can only conlude that csl owners are pricks.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Guy I know loves cars, does regular track days, but due to an old back injury can't drive a manual (very poor left leg mobility). He uses an auto 997, used to have an auto Evo. So I think you've got to appreciate people's differing needs. Very rich coming from someone driving an automatic 3 series;);)
(Joke, I love CSL's)

Turbos.
I'm not bothered about BMW jibes, you're preaching to the converted. I bought the M3 despite its image, not because of it.

I'm not sure why haldex boy is treating my opinion like some sort of personal attack on him, i guess he must have insecurity issues as he owns a yawn worthy almost-4WD instead of a real mans car like mine...

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
And the Turbo style wider rear arches. I like, but my taste is balls, I like clio's.

Turbos.
I'm always drawn to Clios as they are subtle about their sporting intentions. I like that about them. This Porsche is the complete opposite, so no suprise i don't like it!

Snotter's
I'm not bothered about BMW jibes, you're preaching to the converted. I bought the M3 despite its image, not because of it.

I'm not sure why haldex boy is treating my opinion like some sort of personal attack on him, i guess he must have insecurity issues as he owns a yawn worthy almost-4WD instead of a real mans car like mine...

My car is very boring indeed but there isnt another car that fits my needs nor do i need a car car to portray my masculinity. My body does a good enough job of that.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
That's not a GT3 kit, I've not seen it on a 997 before but it looks an awful lot like the Aero kit you can buy for the 996's.

Last year I was at Porsche in Cheshire and they had one (a Carrera with the Aero kit), the guy mentioned it was an £8k option!!!

Either way, I think it looks good, if someone wants a 911 and doesn't want the GT3, and for one reason or another not justifying a Turbo, the Carrera is all that's left, and normally, I hate the look of them with the dated spoiler ruining the look. This just tidies it up.