ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Possible clutch noise

ex-Chinese Dave

ClioSport Club Member
When I start my car from cold there is a very slight squeaking noise from the engine which goes away when I press the clutch pedal. The car had a recon gearbox very recently (mileage wise) and I would say the clutch pedal is ok to a little stiff, doesn't slip and engages all the gears without drama.

Any idea what this squeak could be?

ex-Chinese Dave

ClioSport Club Member
I just took this video of the noise (?). The engine is a little warm from an earlier drive but you can still hear the squeaky sound on and off. If I apply a little pressure to the clutch pedal the noise stops.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Mine does the same on track car and has done for a while.
Goes away when warm. I was worried about it to start with but hasn’t caused any issues.
I could see it being annoying if it’s your daily.

ex-Chinese Dave

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for the replies. It’s in at Birchdown the week after next for a major service. I’ll ask them to take a look. Another thing to add to the list.
Did I mention the little rear bench clips that keep the rear seat belt in place are broken? Still, gotta love a Cup!

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for the replies. It’s in at Birchdown the week after next for a major service. I’ll ask them to take a look. Another thing to add to the list.
Did I mention the little rear bench clips that keep the rear seat belt in place are broken? Still, gotta love a Cup!
One of mine was, an absoluite pain to try and find just the clip, Renault wanted silly money for a new one. They're identical on mk3 seats also, best bet might be to find someone selling rear seats cheap and harvest the clips.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Send me a pic of those clips. I have a few rear seats which I take the seat fabric off. I might have a few.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Here’s mine.
E67F825E-C486-40C8-A90A-2267B525C5B9.jpeg