ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

power to weight ratio

renaultsport 172
please excuse my current state of mind am a little hungover and cant get my head roaund working out power to weight ratios

can anyone provide me with the formula?

thanks

titanic killer
A squared + B squared = C squared
Sorry mate cant help but im in the same boat as you(hungover)

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Imagine a car that had 172 bhp and weighed 1080 kgs, ie, 1.08 tonnes. Oh, you've got one, well that's good. To get bhp/tonne (power/weight) you divide 172 by 1.08 and get 159.3. Ie, it has 159.3 bhp per tonne of weight. More bhp per tonne gives you better acceleration. The other way of doing power to weight is to determine how many kgs there are per bhp. To get kgs/bhp you just do your division the other way round, you divide 1080 by 172 and you get 6.28. Ie, it has 6.28 kgs per bhp. Less kgs per bhp gives you better acceleration.

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup
thats alot easier, as long as you know what ya car weighs lol because mine`s stripped!

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup
good idea, i`ll try that when i get it bak, wud hav thought it`d be roughly b about 980 kgs being as a standard cup weights about 1025 kgs

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup
it says 14.7 drag quarter mile for a 172 weighing about 990 kgs, thats spot on what i got!!

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup
and 13.29 when me engine works finished, thats wait n see ;), let ya know after 13 october!!