ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Proof the V6 IS a practical car

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

So Ive just got back from "popping" to do some late night shopping at IKEA in Croydon. I say "popping" since its actually a 180 mile round trip ... but still my missus said "can you pop to IKEA to get me a few things tonight". If I said I was popping on a 180 mile trip to a CS meet I know what her reaction would be ... but tonight gave me an excuse to stretch the Vees legs for the first time in Grand Tourer mode.

Anyhow practicality ...

- Averaged 26.5 MPG (until I started blatting around country lanes for the last 10 miles) ... which is better than my missus big C8 7-seater would do even on a long trip. Vees only got 1200 miles on it so reckon thats not bad.

- I bought £160 of stuff ... but it all fitted into the Vee no probs, without having to use the front boot space either!! Look ...

http://home.btconnect.com/andynet/I1.JPG
http://home.btconnect.com/andynet/I2.JPG

Equals ...

http://home.btconnect.com/andynet/I3.JPG

So dont ever let anybody tell you a V6 isnt a practical family car :p;)

(Also did a little experiment to prove that if you dial in a nice 3 figure number into the cruise control and then press the Resume button ... :D)

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Quote: Originally posted by Day on 16 April 2005

Imagine what you could do with a roof box!
Well my assistant was telling me today that IKEA used to (or may still) do carboard roof racks. Now that would be terrifying!!

Saw some people looking a bit surprised when I turned up to the loading bay ... but I knew itll all fit in just fine. Im good a Tetris too ;)

Quote: Originally posted by Andy D on 16 April 2005

So Ive just got back from "popping" to do some late night shopping at IKEA in Croydon. I say "popping" since its actually a 180 mile round trip ... but still my missus said "can you pop to IKEA to get me a few things tonight". If I said I was popping on a 180 mile trip to a CS meet I know what her reaction would be ... but tonight gave me an excuse to stretch the Vees legs for the first time in Grand Tourer mode.

Anyhow practicality ...

- Averaged 26.5 MPG (until I started blatting around country lanes for the last 10 miles) ... which is better than my missus big C8 7-seater would do even on a long trip. Vees only got 1200 miles on it so reckon thats not bad.

- I bought £160 of stuff ... but it all fitted into the Vee no probs, without having to use the front boot space either!! Look ...

http://home.btconnect.com/andynet/I1.JPG
http://home.btconnect.com/andynet/I2.JPG

Equals ...

http://home.btconnect.com/andynet/I3.JPG

So dont ever let anybody tell you a V6 isnt a practical family car :p;)

(Also did a little experiment to prove that if you dial in a nice 3 figure number into the cruise control and then press the Resume button ... :D)
Is that the same as a front bottom?!?!:confused:

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

LOL ... I did actually think somebody might make a "front bottom" joke :)

I needed to qualify it since of course V6 has boot at the front and at the back ... double the please :D One at the back is rather tight tho :p

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Quote: Originally posted by 182_blue on 16 April 2005

er were would the wife go tho
She went to bed! Just me, a list, and frequent mobile phone calls ;) 180 miles, 2 hot dogs, and 3 hours later and jobs a good un.

those hot dogs are the reason i go to ikea. if i was going in a vee then id be there more often. its a nice road on the way to my local ikea

Heh.

Dont you start it with the clutch down? I always do.. haha.

Anyway,

V6 is quite big isnt it inside? You coulda spent a few more hundred!

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Well neutral on the Vee is much further forward that it is on the 172 ... side effect of the gear box being behind you. On our other car the neutral is a long way back ... side effect of the box at the front and the gear stick coming out the dash. For the first week I get getting "lost" when driving my missus car after the Vee :oops:

Anyhow have always left my cars in gear. Side effect of having crap cars when I was a lad where the handbrake didnt do much. When I get in I shift to neutral but also always start a car with the clutch down!

Certainly "soft furnishings" could have been fitted on the engine cover and under the bonnet. But when it comes to things in boxes towards its limit last night. I HATE having things flying around in the car when Im driving ... all needs to be strapped down well given the way I fling the car around :D

Mini Cooper S sport

Wow, sounds like I had a lucky escape then!

Would like to see you trying to get some white goods in there ;).

clio rsi turbo, phase 2

someone can also tow your car away if you only use the handbrake, happened to a mate of mine, fooking travalers!!!

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC

Quote: Originally posted by Adamf on 16 April 2005
Frostys pictures of shopping in the noble are much better than that!

A tin of beans?

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Quote: Originally posted by Adamf on 16 April 2005

Frostys pictures of shopping in the noble are much better than that!
But assume that the Noble isnt a practical car .. the V6 is! Thats the point ;)

Quote: Originally posted by pete savill on 16 April 2005

why start with the clutch down

[Edited by pete savill on 16 April 2005 at 4:42pm]

nice car btw
Always have done.

Someone told me before I started driving that it puts less strain on parts.. if clutch is disengaged.. but then, its just habit now, hehe.

silver valver/hybrid

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 17 April 2005

Quote: Originally posted by pete savill on 16 April 2005

why start with the clutch down

[Edited by pete savill on 16 April 2005 at 4:42pm]

nice car btw
Always have done.

Someone told me before I started driving that it puts less strain on parts.. if clutch is disengaged.. but then, its just habit now, hehe.
someone told me that too, and i do the same thing!

Ph-Sold!

Less strain and if powers weak (e.g. battery low) you stand more chance of starting with clutch disengaged as it doesnt have to turn the clutch/gearbox over on startup.

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Quote: Originally posted by *CLIO16V* on 18 April 2005

Where do you put the kids??? Is that what the engine cover is for???
Like all rally drivers ... I have a large support vehicle ;)