ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick pic of my 200SX

K20 EG Hatch
DSCN1052.gif

Just spent £750 having the wheels refurbed! Most expensive refurb ever?

K20 EG Hatch
Why the hell did that cost 750 notes?

Nobody wants to touch them to refurb them for a start as they need to take them apart to do a proper job and its supposed to be high risk of getting them to seal again properly apparently :s

Also the place they went to are supposed to be the best in the country, Pristine in Milton Keynes if anyone has heard of them? Washed them about four/five times now and the paint and laquer on both the wheel and the dish is bloody perfect!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
u got done!!! 750 lol!!!

splitting and resealing is a piece of piss!!! i have split a set of rims and resealed them fine!! getting them apart can be hard but you just use glaziers sealant on them to re seal!

750 is far to much!!!

u could of got the lips gold or chrome plated for less!!!

K20 EG Hatch
I cant remember exactly but you cant get them anymore.

My mate priced them up (well what he used to sell them at) and iirc they were in the region of £2400 wheels alone for 10j and 8.5j like mine.

That does seem like a expensive refurb, how much are the BBS alloys new?

182trophy & Williams
very very nice mate. my mate has 300zx, awesome motors the sx/zx's. nice touch with the plate too.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Just remembered it had a gash spolier on before didnt it. Looks much better returned to standard. :)

Didnt you crash it too?

K20 EG Hatch
They are 2 piece but im very impressed with pristine even if it was a bit of expensive im still over the moon with them and probably would have paid upto 1k for the job they have done as they were pretty bad to say the least, also the lip was diamond cut, duno if thats a hard job or anything :s Actually, all of the wheels were refurbed completely inside and out which most places dont do?

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I cant remember exactly but you cant get them anymore.

My mate priced them up (well what he used to sell them at) and iirc they were in the region of £2400 wheels alone for 10j and 8.5j like mine.

That does seem like a expensive refurb, how much are the BBS alloys new?

Well if they were £2,400 brand new, then £750 for a decent refurb isn't too bad in comparison.

Last edited:
  K20 EG Hatch
Yep, spun out leaving a roundabout and had to have a new wheel, track rod end and lower arm. Completely my fault and all part of learning to drive RWD i think! Certainly wont be happening again in a hurry....

Just remembered it had a gash spolier on before didnt it. Looks much better returned to standard. :)

Didnt you crash it too?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Haha it takes a while to get used to them but once you have theyre awesome..

A4 Avant
Remember seeing this at the west mids rolling road day. Mint car, absolutely immaculate.

If your happy with the finish and price then who cares.

K20 EG Hatch
DSCN0837.gif

DSCN0836.gif

This was it when i first had it except it was plastered in stickers that were covering scratches and a cracked wing mirror :(
Had all these sorted though so now its perfect condition inside and out, except im after a splitter still!!!

Golf R
Pristine are renowned in our area for having an excellent reputation... and seeing them wheels now kinda confirms that.

£750 might seem steep, but the job looks s**t hot and so long as you're happy with the finish, it's all good.

just make sure you park up needing a taxi to the kerb ;) would hate to wreck the good work for a schoolboy bit of parking!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
FCUK that! I've got a guy up here who used to polish all our old porsche rims for about 250! And the dish on them with Mega!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
lol after having a 200 hankooks are ditch finders in this weather lol good for drifting as they dont delaminate to much but apart from that, in this weather i would only fit gsd3's

K20 EG Hatch
How much are the gsd3's malice?

Im not overly impressed with the hankooks dont get me wrong and i know i cant really compare to the proxes as i had them on a fwd 1.2 clio lol but they were s**t too. Will try the gsd3's next then :)

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I had a set of proxes on my 172 and in the dry were great.In the wet though i agree....pants