ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick question topic

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Any question technical, mechanical, solutions and faults. Anything you like car related
Thought this might be handy rather than search for specific threads (which i have and not found my answer)
I will kick off....;.

Q/ Car engine just about turns for a second or 2 (It started fine last week, albeit a bit sluggish like not a lot of power in the battery) but wont start. Used to turn and start after a couple seconds. Have tried jump starting, no luck, still sluggish turn

Would i be correct in thinking starter motor? Good whack with a hammer in the old days
Gonna give it a bump start next week as am away for a bit, and luckily live on a shallow down slope

Anything else?

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Got over the starting issue, reckon it had been standing for a few days without being started
How much does replacing the dephaser cost nowadays- lots threads about it, but most go back 1 or 2 years?

Mine had £300 worth of cambelt changes 7k miles ago...... still got the receipt. why the heck didn't the owner do the dephaser at same time. That's if it is the dephaser. bit of a guess

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Dephaser £100 ish. It's a belt job really so expect ££££ on top.

And the starting issue won't be the dephaser mate

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Thanks- yep, think the battery will need doing soon, and yep all the belts and the dephaser :-(

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Any hints on cleaning the throttle body (Cable type)
Looks like gotta take that apart at weeken

Wifey will be happy.....

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Can anyone advise, that when accelerating out of a corner on a track day, the offside tyre front feels like its trying to grip ripply concrete?
Probably a numpty question, but its stopping me from pushing harder, as it feelslike the tyre wants to fold off the rim?

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Wheel spin trying to grip

Doesn't feel like wheelspin? Could be loosing grip tho, but on a sideways direction, as its always when cornering
So what happens if I just keep going- slide n spin?

Looks like I will be cornering in the rain at Brands tomorrow, see if these ADO8r's are as good as peeps think :)

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Not particularly- still turns quite well, just this rippling sound gets more noisy when cornering sharper and faster....