ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick release flat wheel

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
not been around clios for ages and back in the day the cheap ones were a bit poo. I’m currently running an Omp (350mm) with a quick release.

So are the ones on eBay still crap?

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
So are the ones on eBay still crap?
If they’re half the price of usual retail then probably too good to be true, and dangerous.

Sabelt make the 330mm RenaultSport wheels without the logos. I bought mine a few years back now, so prices might have shot up.

If you’re not fussy those are the same wheels and a lot less than the one with the logo.

This is mine. I can get a price for you when I’m back next week if that’s something you want to explore.

IMG_1967.jpeg
IMG_1970.jpeg
IMG_0702.jpeg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve bought one so will fit it tomo all going well and won’t hear from me again from Monday.

He’s assured me (lol) it’s of good quality and sold 400 (125 people have perished) so working on percentages I will be fine 😓

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
I bought a cheap Motamec from ktec.

Originally I bought an OMP wheel for round £175, but sent it back as I wasn't happy with the stitching and finish. The Motamec was around £65, and was pretty decent for the money. It seemed just as strong as all my previous OMP wheels.

I also went for a quick release hub from Driftworks, which I was really happy with. The only issue i had was not getting the horn to work. I ended up buying a ph1 indicator stalk.

I've actually got the QR hub available if you're interested in a second hand one. It's roughly 6 months old and has around 1k miles of use on it, so pretty much like new really.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers. I have a track time or similar quick release so will keep that and add this wheel. See how I get on 🤞