ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R,1,2,3,4 not working

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
I lent down beside the car and nothing was hanging down, if that's what you mean. ;)

It was absolutely fine last night. Forgot to mention I got in the car and reversed it a few feet to pull out from a parking space then it wouldn't go in 1st, or back into R, or 2nd 3rd or 4th. No I didn't hit anything or anything unusual like that.

Jack it up, put it on axle stands? Not as easy but you won't have to move it.

It definately sounds like a linkage problem rather than a clutch or box problem.

There will be something loose or hanging off, something disconnected maybe. Have a good pull around on the linkages.

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Getting the RAC out just now, the camber on the pavement (ridiculous) means I can't jack it up. I'll let you know what the outcome is.

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Pmsl. :D

Phoned them an hour ago, still not given us a time that they'll be coming out. God forbid we were stuck on a motorway or summat, probably be dead by now. As it happens, we're in my house having tea and biscuits (dad's the member, not me) but they're not to know that. :approve:

AGH the sl*g
try engaging the gear with the engine off, if they all select ok then your linkages are all ok, start the engine and try do the same again this time if they still wont select as you say then its either the clutch or a problem inside your gearbox.

AGH the sl*g
then id most likely say you have a linkage problem or something is jammed either the gear selecter in the box some cogs could be anything, i had it on a merc i had it all locked up left the box in reverse but the gearstick was in neutrol. took some time but got it unstuck in the end by selecting and deselecting reverse as thats all i could get, but best to get under and have a look as soon as you find a solution to get under it.

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Yep. RAC still haven't been in touch (called at 1:30) and I'm on the phone...whope, 30 mins on hold. Jesus. They're en route now, 45 mins estimated. Useless c*nts.

BMW M135i
Got a bad feeling this'll end up being an internal box fault. If it were the linkage you can usually get more than one gear. And the way 1-4 and reverse are in the box casing and 5ths added on the end.

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
It got towed, linkage was fine. :(

He said it looks like a box problem so I also have that bad feeling mate.

Have had to borrow my Dad's car to get to work tomorrow.