ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Race '07 + Logitech G25 = whole shedload of WIN

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Awesome, superb, brilliant, err just damn good!

Was going to go online, but with downloading shizzle in the background, I thought I'd have a bash on Practice at Brands in a WTCC '87 Alfa and also a Formula 3000 car in someone's backyard oval in Brazil.

Pissed the oval for a win in both Races. It was as difficult as Royston's PC trying to run solitaire, but still had to keep an eye out on the AI - crafty little feckers...

race07.jpg

The Alfa's a right laugh. Not as powerful as the BMW E30 in the same class, but there's a definite edge to it when that turbo spools up.

race07pic2.jpg

Pilot seat view....

race07pic3.jpg

Co-driver position view. You can tell it's an Alfa as some of the dash electrics don't work. Look at the turbo pressure gauge - lol. :cool:

race07pic4.jpg

Not as flashy or as good looking as many console racing games. But as a driving game, it's just epic. I really think us PC owners should arrange a race online sometime. :approve:

D.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
its very good looking on a good spec system and at 1920x1200 res with full detail etc.

such a good game though, love it...

downloaded all the UK tracks and the new 2009 BTCC cars too

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
its very good looking on a good spec system and at 1920x1200 res with full detail etc.

such a good game though, love it...

downloaded all the UK tracks and the new 2009 BTCC cars too

Has there been any updates on the Oulton Park circuit, yet? The one I've tried is just a bit bonkers through Denton's down to Cascades. It's way too bumpy and throws the car all over the place.

Would like to get the 2009 cars though! Were they from nogripracing.com?

Cheers,
D.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
Has there been any updates on the Oulton Park circuit, yet? The one I've tried is just a bit bonkers through Denton's down to Cascades. It's way too bumpy and throws the car all over the place.

Would like to get the 2009 cars though! Were they from nogripracing.com?

Cheers,
D.

yep no grip racing has them :) few glitches with some of the track but kinda expected when they are user made :)

Mk2 MX5 1.8iS - Side
Awesome game...

[Edit] - Just noticed the top gear track on nogrip...

Last edited:
  DCi
add me to the list if you want to race online, cracking little game although i have been devoting time to GTR2 at the moment.

It was as difficult as Royston's PC trying to run solitaire...

Roffle. You need some front to come out with something like that. At least my machine can play solitaire in widescreen without a BSOD, you f'ucking pikey -x-

Looks like a good game TBH. I don't have it. In fact I'm not doing any racing at all these days, as my current desk arrangement means it's almost impossible to setup the G25 :(

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Awesome game...

[Edit] - Just noticed the top gear track on nogrip...

Really? Have you got a link to the download, m8? :)

add me to the list if you want to race online, cracking little game although i have been devoting time to GTR2 at the moment.

Sure will. What are you doing on GTR2 car and track wise?

Roffle. You need some front to come out with something like that. At least my machine can play solitaire in widescreen without a BSOD, you f'ucking pikey -x-

Looks like a good game TBH. I don't have it. In fact I'm not doing any racing at all these days, as my current desk arrangement means it's almost impossible to setup the G25 :(

As I don't have to compensate for my appendage in terms of screen size, I have plenty of space for my G25. Get rid of the IMAX theatre and swap it for something where you can use that wheel. It's one of the best out there - seems a shame to miss out. ;)

D.

Nothing to do with my monitor, dude. It's just a s**t flimsy desk. I keep meaning to get a quality unit TBH. Also, big monitor sitting mere inches behind the G25 is the only way to fly. Well, drive.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Nothing to do with my monitor, dude. It's just a s**t flimsy desk. I keep meaning to get a quality unit TBH. Also, big monitor sitting mere inches behind the G25 is the only way to fly. Well, drive.

Knows.

I crashed the Alfa twice yesterday by staring in amazement that the bugs splats were disappearing when I switched the wipers on. No screenwash though. :(

D.

DCi
Sure will. What are you doing on GTR2 car and track wise?
I'm between going through the lessons and custom championships unlocking everything and racing on the GP tracks come F1 weekends haha.

I kind of flick about really, I also like trying to drive in the wet.

I'll probably install GTR:evo tonight as I had to clear my steam directory when I had some issues.. that alfa looks like fun!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Had a go of the Audi R8 last night and it was pretty easy to get to grips with. The Mosler before it was much more twitchy, but more fun to drive, imo. Plenty of correction in steering going on - especially gunning it when the rears were on the rumble strips. :cool:

Corvette in-car noise = awesome.

D.