ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Random freezing during gaming

172beast

Wonder if any of you CS geeks can help on this, playing PC games such as HL2, Company of Hereos, GTR2 etc sometimes it'll just randomly freeze and mean I have to hold the button down to switch it off, can get very annoying!!

It only seems to do it after some time, like a good half hour or so at least.

PC spec is as follows:

Gigabyte DS3 mobo (F9 bios)
Pentium D 805 (Clocked to 4ghz)
2 x 512meg Corsair ram
Asus 7900GS GFX
Thermaltake Toughpower 750w PSU
All housed it a Thermaltake Soprano case with 2 x 120mm fans, 1 x 80mm

CPU has a Artic Freezer Pro 7 cooler, GFX normal loud as feck cooler.

Now I know its not heat as all the fans fire up and keep things cool when gaming, shouldn't be the PSU as that should be plenty for the spec, its not due to the highly clocked CPU as it'll do it when at normal 2.66ghz per core.

So my only ideas are driver issues, but I'm using the latest mobo and GFX drivers, so any other ideas on what it could be?

Megane Mk4
GTA: San Andreas and some Media programs do it with mine, I've narrowed my fault down to 2 things. Either because I'm slightly overclocking my CPU or, it's a RAM fault.

But I've figured some 3rd party software drivers can have the same effect too. i.e some video/audio codecs ain't 100% stable with Windows XP.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
download Prime95 and run a Stress test overnight for atleast 12 hours to make sure it doesnt fail (ie. somethings causing it to be unstable, such as faulty ram, faulty psu or overclocking issues, but as you say it does it even at stock speeds so likely not that)

you can download it HERE