ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear shocks = wtf

I feel a right prick posting this, mainly because I don't think these shocks were meant to fit my car or I've done something ridiculously stupid, but wtf has happened here?

I screwed it into the hub, put the spring in and let the car down slowly (so now it's back on its wheels) and now these are stuck right up:

2222.jpg

333.jpg

:(

60mm Apex kit on a mk2 ph2, the last owner had it on his mk2 ph1 but the front bolt spacings were the same so I got it for mine.

are those all of the fitting rubbers that you have for it? it looks as though that one there (or another similar to it) should go under the turret as well

Yeah that's all the came with. My standard ones had a bit of rubber with a kind of pole coming off it but it won't fit on my new shocks as it's not wide enough to slide down it.

Could this be because when fitting them, I bolted them into the hub first, then let the car down? Rather than screwing in the top first and lining it up with the bottom afterwards?

they're front strut bump stops; i'd contact Apex and ask them if they'd send/sell you a new set of the correct rubbers

I did that a minute ago, if they can't though then I have no idea what to do :(

I'm guessing theres no way the ones in the link will work on the rears then?

probably not although you could have a good look at the underside of the car - they're more than likely shaped to fit into a cup. would need washers of the correct internal diameter as well

would have hoped Apex would be able to help, as they must get asked for them

106 GTI
can you not drill yours out to fit?

If no luck you could always fit your rear shocks for the time being