ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommend me a polish.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Right chaps, all i have as a polish is CP Essence and CP Fixer.

What other polishes are out there with a bit more bite? (mine field i know)

Ive been looking at the Scholl range of polishes/compounds but is there anything else i should be looking at?
I have started to give my old van a machine polish but CP Fixer isn't enough for the poor paint work on my van.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I've just tried the autosmart platinum and love it. Easy on and off but then my paint is pretty good so probably not what your after. Pic because I can lol

15521C40-E155-41A0-9874-9194AABA0480_zpsmeqz4y0i.jpg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
What about the ultimate compound by meguires? Never tried it but it's supposed to be ace bringing back tired paint.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Scholl concepts s3. Works really well but you'll have to adjust your technique a bit as it cuts heavy very quickly but starts to break down much sooner than a traditional polish. Combine this with the Scholl concepts sandwich spider pad and it'll cut and finish very well in a single set

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Scholl polishes are great. No dust and very easy to work and wipe down.
What pads are you using?
Thank you bud, im just using a 4" orange pad at the moment as ive started on the small areas. :up:

Scholl concepts s3. Works really well but you'll have to adjust your technique a bit as it cuts heavy very quickly but starts to break down much sooner than a traditional polish. Combine this with the Scholl concepts sandwich spider pad and it'll cut and finish very well in a single set

Thank you Dave, ill get some ordered now mate. :smiley:

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I was going to suggest the Rupes UHS pad and polish. From what i've seen of it, it cuts like a compound but finishes really well.

So it's an all-in-one single stage system.

Don't know how well it'll work on a rotary though mate.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Well ive just ordered this
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/car-p...-xxl-high-performance-compound/prod_1014.html

and this.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=1016

So that should be perfect, also the pads that Dave has just recommended. Its only for my van (although it will do other cars)

Ive been going to customers houses in a flat white dirty looking van so i thought it was about time i gave it some love and brightened the old thing up, its not the best image when your cleaning other peoples cars....😂

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
So i took Dave's recommendation and bought the Scholl concepts S3, well i got a bit carried away and bought this little lot. :blush:

29823558626_c890a45eff_b.jpg
20160922_133411 by Scott Raven, on Flickr

Today i made a start on polishing the rear doors on the van, before i was using Carpro Fixer on an orange pad but when it got hot the polish seemed to come off the pad and it made quite a bit of dust.

I started with the A15 and the orange pad which worked ok, the polish is on another level to the CP fixer though. Easy to work with and wipes off very easily even if it got a bit hot.

I then upped my game and went for a green pad and the S3 XXL, gave me great results considering my van has covered 160k and i don't think ive ever polished it in the 6 or so years that i have owned it. Very happy indeed, thanks @Yellow Dave :smiley:

A flat white wing/door. Hard to photo. Its only an old van but it will soon be a shiny one. :up:

29745133392_6460016b17_b.jpg
20160922_173255 by Scott Raven, on Flickr

Rear doors polished just with the S3. :cool:

29745135802_70654ff750_b.jpg
20160922_173219 by Scott Raven, on Flickr

29745133252_d01ebac485_b.jpg
20160922_173204 by Scott Raven, on Flickr