ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Remote locking HELP!

Clio mk2 1.4 s
Hello all, this is my first thread but i need your help.

Just taken my mk2 1.4s to supermarket, got out and used the remote locking to lock the car, came back and pressed the button, but nothing happened. Ended up having to climb in through the boot to unlock the doors as that was the only way.

What would cause a sudden failure of the remote central locking system? The key fob still clicks and flashes, and there were no warning signs of this happening. The button inside still operates the central locking too.

Thanks in advance.

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
the key may have lost sync somehow. There is a way to re-sync, but i not too clued up on it.

Someone should be able to help

iirc its something like pressing and holding the button on the fob down to re-sync it
i did and mine does it plenty far away now :)

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
arnt you supposed to hold the button in when turning on the ignition?

Clio mk2 1.4 s
No joy im afraid. tried holding down button both in and away from ignition. will try a new bat, although the lights still flashing when pressed.

when key becomes inoperative follow these steps

-press vehicle central locking button for more than 2 seconds
-doors should lock then unlock
-immobiliser led illuminates
-press unlock/lock button
-immobiliser led goes out
-repeat above for remaining keys

clio 1.2 rt phase 1
i had a simalar problem this was due to water running into the sensor which i directly underneath the aerial take out the interior light and take out the motherboard in there if there has been a leak there will be some a a chalky residue on it just simply brush it off gently with a tooth brush.