ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing bird sh*t stains?

Just bought a new car :)

Unfortunately I've found a stain where the previous owner didn't clean off a bird sh*t before it left a mark on the paintwork. What's the best plan of action and products to use to get rid of the stain?

Red paintwork BTW if that makes a difference.

Cheers
Ally

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Maybe it could be polished out with a pc , but if its been on a while it might be burnt too deep into the paint tbh .I had one on my old pug , a small ring that was etched deep into the paintwork .

lol @ 182 comment, nae chance!

I'll get out the work-of-the-devil (aka T-Cut) and see what I can do, otherwise I'll speak nicely to Alan ;). It's in an annoying place too, driver's door next to handle. Not too obvious, I didn't see it yesterday when I collected the car, but I can see it now...

According to the car's history, it's been sitting round doing not much mileage since June so could've been on there a while :( (it was a Honda management car used for static displays, paintwork is otherwise in excellent condition).

106 GTi
Skip the T Cut at least buy something better to have a go with such as Meguiars Scratch X

Does this mean you have Thule bike rack up for grabs now? ;)
Maybe! Might get a replacement fitting kit and slap it on the CTR unless I can get a rear rack to fit it - one of the Thule ones that mounts with metal rods (no fabric straps involved) - couldn't use one of them on the 172 because of the spoiler plastic going to the edge of the tailgate, but the Civic has metal at the top of the tailgate. Will let you know if I do...

Think I've got some scratch X kicking around that I've been too scared to use so far! Will give it a try. Failing that I'll get my father-in-law to loan me his buffer and I'll see what I can do.