ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing Moulded Side Skirts

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Hi, in the process of putting my car back to standard, the front and back bumbers are only bolted on so thats easy, unfortuantely the skirts are bonded on, I bought the car in this state and have original bumpers.

Would I have the orginal skirts under the modified ones?

How easy / How do I go about removing them (companies? etc)

TIA

The original would be under the current ones.

If bonded on then im sure any bodyshop will have a special adhesive remover, which would break the seal

Im guessing though that there may be markings under the skirts though from where the sealent would have been if you took them off.

Punto/Clio GTT
if theyre bonded on with sikaflex you aint getting them off without scratching f**k out of the paintwork. they have to be physically ripped off, or a stanly blade stuck down the back and sliced off

Non 172/182/V6 clio's dont come with sideskirts on as standard anyway so they're probably stuck straight onto the sill with sikaflex/tigerseal etc and as said will be a ballache to get off.

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Mixed response, altough only 1 good(ish) one.

Well the person I bought it off of, got it off another guy, who's 360 I happened to flash (small world eh!)....Ill ask him how they are bonded on.