ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Clio gearbox

Extreme 1.2 59plate
Hi so I have a clio 1.2 (2009). When I’m driving and downshifting to 1st gear ar a junction or whatber it’s really hard to go in. Also sometimes it’s also hard to downshift to 2 or when I’m up shifting from 3 to 4 it gets stuck? Any suggestions? Also the engine at 1500RPM when setting the gas to pull off makes a horrible screaming sound.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
is it a TCE 100 engine? sounds fairly normal in that video but videos don't pickup sounds that well, so there could be a boost leak if thats what that faint whistle is (which may sound louder in reality)

any sign of any oil leaking down the intercooler? take a picture of the intercooler (behind the lower front grill to the left of the radiator) and take a picture of the engine bay with the bonnet open to see if we can see anything odd with the boost hose near the oil filler cap.

Extreme 1.2 59plate
is it a TCE 100 engine? sounds fairly normal in that video but videos don't pickup sounds that well, so there could be a boost leak if thats what that faint whistle is (which may sound louder in reality)

any sign of any oil leaking down the intercooler? take a picture of the intercooler (behind the lower front grill to the left of the radiator) and take a picture of the engine bay with the bonnet open to see if we can see anything odd with the boost hose near the oil filler cap.
Okay will do today, also what are your thoughts on the gearbox? I know clip’s don’t like to go into 1st at anything over 10mph but even then it’s very notchy and the gear changing in general isn’t very pleasant.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ive never had any issues getting into first on them, i would get someone to check out the linkage to make sure nothings worn, as was mentioned above check the box oil level or give it a change.