ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacing an Exhaust Manifold, Cat and Exhaust System

A Few
A previous owner of my latest 172, has fitted a 182 Exhaust manifold and I would like to change it back. I have sourced a 172 manifold and original cat and have a new cat back exhaust system arriving any day. I also have the genuine Renault Cat/exhaust fitting kits and exhaust manifold gasket etc.
Could someone with experience of swapping exhaust manifolds/cat give me an insight into how difficult this job might be? How best to go about it, what's involved etc. Also, If I asked a garage to complete the work, how much labour time would be fair.. what would be a fair price?? Any help appreciated.

A Few
Ideally I would like to restore the car to former glory, exactly as Renault intended. Also, before I realised it had a 182 manifold, I purchased 400Pounds worth of stainless steel, stealth, cat back exhaust for 172. I don't want a decat. Any other solution to fitting a cat and 172 exhaust to a 182 manifold???

the manifold wil be tricky because of where it is. Everything else is pretty straight forward. Depends how practically minded you are. I'd never done exhaust work before but recently replaced my centre section and refitted the cat. Fiddly but not difficult. Was a,little tricky lining the back box up again. The main issue is access if your on a driveway. For a garage I would've of that it'd be an hours work with all the tools to hand and ramps.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Is the cat a double box or single?

Cheapest options probably to get a 182 cat second hand, have it sleeved (£50ish) then use your new exhaust.

172 Turbo
the manifold wil be tricky because of where it is. Everything else is pretty straight forward. Depends how practically minded you are. I'd never done exhaust work before but recently replaced my centre section and refitted the cat. Fiddly but not difficult. Was a,little tricky lining the back box up again. The main issue is access if your on a driveway. For a garage I would've of that it'd be an hours work with all the tools to hand and ramps.

To get the manifold off is a subframe off job.

I'd look to sell the exhaust myself

A Few
  A Few
Thanks for all the info.. from what you have all said, I'd be better off keeping the 182 manifold, add the sports cat and fit my 172 stealth exhaust. Just hoping Ktec have one in stock.