ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Reseller accounts - web

Rav4
Does anyone on here have one (apart from conor) and actually make money from it ?

I host a lot of websites for friends and so on, which is getting a bit silly now in regards to management.

Thinking of getting a reseller account such as heartinternets and then I can do all my billing and so on online, making it easier to manage, but at the same time also possibly making money too.

Anyone?

I had one for about a year, made no money at all.

Just depends who your target client is and how many customers you get etc etc

Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
I make a few quid from mine, not really given it a push though, just use it for sites ive made for people

I use a reseller account too.

But only to host my clients websites I've designed. I've never sold the hosting on it's own.

Rav4
Thanks for responding guys.

Excellent, glad some people have it on here :)

Who do you use if you don't mind me asking,

Thinking of using heartInternet or host gator.

Fast hots looks good but it's £50 a month.

Thanks,

G.

14' Leon Cupra 280
Funnily enough i've just started moving from Fasthosts to 34sp this morning. Will go from £55pm to £15pm, only difference is 34sp is upto 50 domains, fasthosts is unlimited. I'm hosting around 30 websites, so transferring them will take a good few days.

Nissan 350z
I've always found fasthosts to be useless, good cheap prices, but they are cheap for a reason. I have used 34sp for many years with no issue though.

14' Leon Cupra 280
^^ Yeh i've used 34sp for years too for my own domains and hosting, never had one problem with them. The unlimited reseller with Fasthosts is ideal for anything over 100 domains (with standard features), but with only 5 sql databases etc, can be limiting.

Wish i had gone with 34sp back in October now. I rang 34sp support for 1st time 10mins ago, got through instantly, question answered, very happy. Rang Fastshosts off peak this morning too and waited 10 mins :(

Rav4
Cool,

Will look at 34sp and see,

Looking at billing clients and white-labelling the control panel.

:)

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
its bloody hard to find good reseller accounts. iv had a few now. whatever you do dont go with streamline.net...shockingly s**te, and their support is crap!

we use fasthosts for our retail site which works well, but thats just hosting for 1 site.

i now use mediatemple for my main hosting, which is £15 a month for up to 100 sites, with loads of space and bandwidth.

however even after loads of investigating before choosing them, and initialy a good service, they can be slow on the grid server at times, which is annoying. its mainly SQL actually, but generally I am happy with them, especially for the money!

I have a virtual dedicated from them also for a couple of sites, which is about 50 a month, but it is much better.

I have just done some work for a guy also using his own hosting, and his site is SUPER fast, as his his FTP access is the fastest iv ever seen. I was shocked at the speed of it....I was looking into moving to them, but they dont have any kind of reseller accounts available. the best they do allows 10 sites I think...no good when I run 30+! Cant remember their name off hand but ill check!

I have never actually sold hosting though, I host for a few customers with sites Iv done them, and a few friends, and the rest are all my own sites.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I worked for a hosting company for a while, and I doubt there would be a great deal of cash in reselling shizzle.

I can confirm that Fasthosts are complete and utter s**t

Rav4
Adams, thanks for your input, really appreciated.

In regards to your current, I can only assume that you have one main account and you do everything for your clients/friends and you simply email the FTP details as of when required?

I like the idea of customer management, in regards to who when and what, not sure if you have this availability already.

Fasthosts will not be used, I just hear shite about them.

Do have a good line at work and some spare servers, even though that would be free I would rather keep it separate.

I like the idea of rebranding the product and nice clean management of clients.

Abarth 500
I have a fasthosts reseller, they have been ok with us, but i do hear s**t about them

we make money from the reseller, we have one big site that covers the cost then other sites we put on there we just pocket the cash...

Rav4
Excellent :)

Do you have a front facing reseller account or just one which you deal directly with your clients?

It must be costing you around £50 a month

How do you find using a reseller package in regards to taking payments and so on?

Thanks for all your input,

G.

I have a fasthosts reseller, they have been ok with us, but i do hear s**t about them

we make money from the reseller, we have one big site that covers the cost then other sites we put on there we just pocket the cash...

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
ill check if you can have a custom admin areas for each client, i think you can!

my mate charges companies £800 a year hosting EACH and it only costs him about £500 for the year for 100 accounts.

Makes decent money, but its if you can convince a company to pay that sort of cash!

Rav4
That is a huge amount of money.

What I am finding out is that some places have excellent reviews regarding some companies, other locations will be the complete opposite of those companies, thus not really knowing what is what.

Very difficult as I just take ages making decisions in this sort of thing.

We currently pay £30 a month per website hosting, we have 5.!!

I just don't want to buy a reseller package and end up moving somehwere else, that would be a pain in the ass.

Worried about the speeds of hosting too, sql queries are quite important for some of the stuff I am hoping to do.

Thanks guys

ill check if you can have a custom admin areas for each client, i think you can!

my mate charges companies £800 a year hosting EACH and it only costs him about £500 for the year for 100 accounts.

Makes decent money, but its if you can convince a company to pay that sort of cash!

Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
I use heart internet, seem pretty good to me. One of the best hosts ive used over the years tbh. No phone support but ive never needed it anyway, complete white label package for £30 a month, more than make that back

GW RS200
Openhosting.co.uk FTFW. Tech assistance calls where hold means a 10 second wait, a knowledgeable England based techy solving your problem and even ringing you back when they have.

DMS

A thirsty 172
Place I used to work at used Webfusion to host customers' websites because they didn't want the responsibility of doing it themselves. They were quite good. I think they're owned by Pipex, or at least they were?

www.webfusion.co.uk