ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Reset Manual Mode?

Just a quick one.

The girlfriend was playing around on the camera last night and changed a load of settings on Manual Mode. I have no idea what she changed, or how she changed them.

Is there any way of "resetting" the settings so to speak, so they are back to what they were originally on before she fiddled around?

Camera is a Canon 500d.

Cheers

There's probably a master reset somewhere but you'll change the shutter/aperture/ISO anyway, so what else can she have done?

No idea, haven't had the camera long so I'm still learning new things with it etc.

I usually go on manual mode to experient, changing one thing at a time etc then setting it back to what it was to try a different setting if that makes sense?

I didn't know if there were any other major settings she could have changed other than shutter etc?

Sorry if im being thick!

Cupra
In any mode other than the green box, you can change pretty much everything.

On my 5DII the reset option is called "clear settings" and it is on one of the menu tabs with a spanner. Stick it in manual mode before you open the menu in order to see everything. The Green Box mode hides most options.

Buy "Understanding Exposure" and read the manual!!!!