ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rimstock enters administration

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
“The UK’s last remaining wheel manufacturer, Rimstock Limited, has entered administration. Chris Pole and Ryan Grant from Interpath Advisory were appointed Joint Administrators of Rimstock Limited on 5 July 2023. There have been no redundancies amongst the company’s 74 staff while options are explored.”

This explains why it took me best part of 18 months to get a set of pro race 1.2’s then… a shame never the less though.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
“The UK’s last remaining wheel manufacturer, Rimstock Limited, has entered administration. Chris Pole and Ryan Grant from Interpath Advisory were appointed Joint Administrators of Rimstock Limited on 5 July 2023. There have been no redundancies amongst the company’s 74 staff while options are explored.”

This explains why it took me best part of 18 months to get a set of pro race 1.2’s then… a shame never the less though.
Damn, they were an excellent company to deal with. Justin supplied me with many a set of TD Pro Race.

So many good suppliers are closing down.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Rimstock made them under licence from Team Dynamics.

Wonder if they still make them or just the Pro Race LT's now.

Yeh those LT’s are from China I believe, hopefully TD will produce the 1.2’s in China as well or buy out Rimstock? Probably not though as getting wheels made for cheap in China makes better business sense you would assume.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
:(
IMG_3228.jpeg

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Been trying to get a single TD 1.2 for months now and nowhere really has any

Thought they'd discontinued them?

Have you just answered your own question there? 😂

As above it took me over a year to set a brand new set made up last year, I think Covid broke rimstock in one way or another, bad management decisions during that time or something else I’m not sure.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Have you just answered your own question there? 😂

As above it took me over a year to set a brand new set made up last year, I think Covid broke rimstock in one way or another, bad management decisions during that time or something else I’m not sure.
Nah as far as I was aware they still made the 1.2 so was asking if they were actually discontinued since Rimstock are the only people that make them 😅

Either way they're made from cheese, 1 kerb and it's all over for them 😂

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Nah as far as I was aware they still made the 1.2 so was asking if they were actually discontinued since Rimstock are the only people that make them 😅

What ET are your TD Pro Race? And do you need a permanent alloy or just one for CSF?

I’ll tell you why I ask. I’m at Donny next sat with my mate who has a few spares. He may lend you one or he may not. I don’t mind asking for you.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182

Haha! They aren’t the strongest but they are the lightest bang for your buck or were..

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
That's sad news. Used to be my go to, to call up Justin in Brumland and order a set of 1.2's for my latest cars

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Yeah they're nice and light and are a good-looking wheel with plenty of space for air to flow

A real shame that there's nobody to make them. Give it 10 years and they'll be the equivalent of TSW Venoms

Venoms were never cool tho

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Ha yeah they were popular, but I never liked them. Always looked poo. TSW Evo were my faves (not evo R)

I remember a guy I knew putting 15" Evo Rs on his Orion EFI. I thought it was the coolest thing in the world at the time. No one else I knew could afford brand new wheels :LOL:

StereoMike

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
Ha yeah they were popular, but I never liked them. Always looked poo. TSW Evo were my faves (not evo R)
I’ve got a set I use during the winter. 1.2‘s for the summer 😀

Attachments

• IMG_0234.jpeg
    IMG_0234.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 56