ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Roll Cage Gussets

TrackCar & F30 330d
I'm ordering my roll cage tomorrow :) and basically want to know wheres the best place to get Gussets from?

For people that have fitted them do you need to take the front screen out to do the ones on the A-Pillar?

modp_0909_04_o+custom_2010_camaro_for_2010_formula_drift+roll_cage_gussets.jpg

Get a metal fabrication place to make them up for you, its only sheet metal with punched holes after all. Or pay CustomCages/Cage Place a lot of money usually lol.

IMG_8676.jpg

And yeah, screen has to come out to do it properly...

TrackCar & F30 330d
Could you just hole saw the holes out?

Or does the punch give it a bit more support because of the curve it leaves?

2005 Nissan Navara
the holes are meant to be swaged to increase rigidity...dont just use a hole-saw or punch alone.

2005 Nissan Navara
and whatever you do, dont buy the ones off ebay, a customer brought some in when i fitted his cage, i chucked them in the bin and got some from Demon Tweeks.

TrackCar & F30 330d
I did a bit of reasearch and the punched are really cheap. So i'm going to make some of my own in the workshop :)