ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Roof lining retrimmed and a couple of stickers...

10277660_10152413005049459_7316148456354191189_n.jpg

10308330_10152413005114459_3882121540323039941_n.jpg

For some reason it looks like there are small creases in the roof lining but it's just the photo! Uploaded to Facebook so byebye quality.

Also got some stickers made up by Ady off here. I wanted red at first but changed my mind... I love the subtle look you see. Interior is a nice place to be now!

Also pictured is my alcantara A-pillars and handbrake cable that Austin made me up a bit ago.

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
I tried to do it in my old Rb but chickened out.

Just spray adhesive and fabric im guessing ? I made my own A-pillars the same way.

Ah right, bloody nice car you've got there,
pretty much the polar opposite of what I drive. lol
You wouldn't say that if you saw it close up! It's had a hard life... but scrubs up well ;)

I tried to do it in my old Rb but chickened out.

Just spray adhesive and fabric im guessing ? I made my own A-pillars the same way.
Yep! I'd imagine it's easier to do than the A-pillars but haven't tried them. There are a few tricky bends and you have to watch out for air bubbles/creases. It would be easier with an extra pair of hands to help out.

eBay. It's not real alcantara but matches the (182 FF) door cards perfectly.

im planning to do this in the future. I'm just a bit worried about the sun visors, courtesy light surround and the grab handles standing out as they're much lighter.

How did you get around this or is it not as bad as I'm thinking? Do you have any photos of them against the alcantara?

im planning to do this in the future. I'm just a bit worried about the sun visors, courtesy light surround and the grab handles standing out as they're much lighter.

How did you get around this or is it not as bad as I'm thinking? Do you have any photos of them against the alcantara?
The little plastic cover at the top of the photo is that colour too. It is a different colour but it doesn't stand out too much... I actually quite like it. It's too much hassle spraying/covering them up or looking for replacements. I did cover over the grab handles/blanks though which looks much tidier.

Yeah the grab handle blanks and sun visor clips can't be reused and the latter are a b**ch to get out. I had to use mole grips! I've ordered some new ones though as a replacement so hopefully they'll do the job. I just trimmed over the grab handle blank holes as mentioned.

The little plastic cover at the top of the photo is that colour too. It is a different colour but it doesn't stand out too much... I actually quite like it. It's too much hassle spraying/covering them up or looking for replacements. I did cover over the grab handles/blanks though which looks much tidier.

I would do the same, covering over the grab handles. Been thinking about spraying the light surround and sun visors a satin black but it might be more trouble than it's worth! Maybe it'll be easier removing the sun visors and getting a sun-strip instead ;)

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
roughly how did you do the headlining. Start at one end or in the middle. Always worry about getting creases and folds with trimming!

I would do the same, covering over the grab handles. Been thinking about spraying the light surround and sun visors a satin black but it might be more trouble than it's worth! Maybe it'll be easier removing the sun visors and getting a sun-strip instead ;)
You could trim over those holes then and have it even tidier :)

It feels more cosy but not claustrophobic (unless you're sat in the back!) so all is well.

Is it really that difficult to search eBay for alcantara fabric? :eek:

robmuns

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
Is it really that difficult to search eBay for alcantara fabric? :eek:

lol no, but I have already tried getting some from ebay and the colour match wasn't great and as you said yours was perfect would have been nice to know which one was a good match without having to risk getting the wrong match again..