ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rough idling/juddering mk3

Clio mk3 16v 1.2
New here so hoping I’ve posted the right thing!
Just last weekend purchased a 2006 mk3 1.2l.

After getting it home figured out the car was pretty badly rough idling, at first it started off as when the AC was on and when the clutch is engaged also.

Ive spent the last week doing what I can-
Changed spark plugs, coil pack, cleaning crankshaft sensor, throttle body, and map sensor aswell as a quick check for air leaks.

At the end of my tether now with this as have been guarneteed by 3 mechanics the coil pack would sort the issue but the car is STILL jumping in the rev count when trying to use the clutch on its own.

For example foot off the acc and using the bite, the revs are jumping above 1000 and then below and you can feel these vibrations through the car and there’s 0 power whatsoever off the bite alone, and I’m going through a tonne of fuel relying on the accelerator to help me even move off!

Any further suggestions would pretty much save my sanity at this point !!

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
If it’s only happening when your on the clutch then the clutch or flywheel probably needs replacing.

If it’s the engine then checking the injectors would by my first port of call if it’s running rough.

Clio mk3 16v 1.2
It initially was doing it on startup so I really doubt it’s the clutch, I hope not at least! Ok I’ll check the injectors I’m running out of options to check now lol thanks

Renault clio 1.2
It initially was doing it on startup so I really doubt it’s the clutch, I hope not at least! Ok I’ll check the injectors I’m running out of options to check now lol thanks
Purge valve on carbon canister or leak in its pipe to manifold or not connected properly sometimes purge valve gets loose or there is a blockage in line from fuel tank to carbon canister also check petrol cap if there is suction when you open it it is valve stuck

Clio mk3 16v 1.2
Purge valve on carbon canister or leak in its pipe to manifold or not connected properly sometimes purge valve gets loose or there is a blockage in line from fuel tank to carbon canister also check petrol cap if there is suction when you open it it is valve stuck
ill have a look at that thanks! It’s now flashing up telling me to stop with a battery light when I’m driving with a load on my engine (lights heaters on etc) which is pushing me more towards alternator??