ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ruined calipers - thanks Halfords

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
Sorry for what i am about to post, i fear i have let you down my clio owning brothers. I always wanted red calipers, was this to much to ask, so i went to halfords and bought some dark red matalic paint.
PA080107.gif

i took my calipers off and spent about 3 hours cleaning all the rust off them with my old mans dremel,then i masked the area off and spreyed....
horror some smart arse at halfords had changed the tops over on the paint and i ended up with some bright red/orange colour. theres no way i could rebuild both caliper and drive 20 miles to scunny to get more paint, i also didnt want to go far with bare metal on my calipers it was raining hard yesterday, so theyd rust fast. so i did the only thing i could, i sprayed them orange.

here are the shocking results.
PA080110.gif
PA090108.gif

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
whoooaoa! mateeeeeeee!

they look f*ckin' sick clart! knowsit!

...i'm off down the f*ckin' Spar to bottle some pensioners as my welfare cheque just cleared innit.

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
at least theyll get dirty real fast and then noone will ever see them again!!
*hangs head in shame*

+ ill be able to find my car in a dark car park as i bet they glow !!

Last edited:
  80MPG BEEZA
i painted mine red ages ago then i realised it was abit poop so painted them black and i've never been more pleased

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
seriously though. get them sorted asap.

they do not suit either you or your car, met you at FCS i believe and to my knowlegde you were not sporting any Burberry.

;)

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
dont think that tiny picture realy shows the horror of it all.
i even had black paint for the drums but that turned out to be grey anyway.
PA090112.gif

makes me wanna chew my own face off!!!

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
carbon copy said:
seriously though. get them sorted asap.

they do not suit either you or your car, met you at FCS i believe and to my knowlegde you were not sporting any Burberry.

;)
u still got the sick yellow calipers on yours????

suit me? im not gonna wear them out i dont rekon.

ST
I painted mine with red hammerite over a year ago, they look ok IMO, done my drums to start with but recently done them matt black though i may paint my calipers matt black soonish too.

Monaco 172
Don't know how some joker swapped the caps, I can never get those lids off without smashing it on something really hard....

You should've put a sunglasses warning on your title I think I've just burnt my retinas!

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
i like that colour^^^, the pics dont do it justice, but its really orange!!
the lids came off really early, some of the cans even had paint on the side where people had tried them, i should of twigged really.

NOOOOOOOO red caliper paint :(

only suited by big 4-6 pots made by brembo

nice shade of black would be the best thing to do, do not draw attention to the pishy brakes the clio has

clio 182 black /gold
Get some more paint then it is a case of jist spraying them. The colour which is on it is a bease colour.