ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rumbling Steering

Ive found that going down some of the roads in my area (not particularly fast), when I come to break, the steering will rumble and twitch a bit, meaning I have to sometimes fight with the wheel to control the thing! Ive got brand new tyres and didnt brake harshly so have I got a fault, or could it just be the road surface???

RB Clio 182

If it only happens when you start to brake I would say it was your discs mate but as it only happens on some roads it is may just be your car struggling with the increased load caused by braking and a bad road surface.

What road surfaces does it do it on? Does it do it during straight line braking or when cornering, or both? Does it make a difference with your speed? When was the last time you had the cars brakes checked over/changed (pads, discs etc) can you feel the ABS kicking in? What condition is the car in, ie does it only do it when the car is full of people? What conditions are the roads in when it does it, ie are they wet etc?

Paul