ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S60 touch (5800) = Massive fail? or is it?

What do you think?

• Wow, thats my next phone

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • I'm keeping my iPhone thanks

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • What is this all about?

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Phones with buttons FTW!

Votes: 10 29.4%

• Total voters

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Re: S60 touch (5300) = Massive fail

Am i the only one who like the look of that?

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts

If it doesn't have normal buttons I'm not interested....I don't see the point in the touch screen when buttons work fine. Most phones with touch screen seem to do their own thing when in a pocket/in a bag, and are a struggle after a few alcoholic beverages...

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One

I need a new phone :( doubt il ever be able to afford an iPhone or that Nokia!

BMW M135i

Hmm, i'm yet to be convinced by touch screen phones full stop tbh.

106 GTi

At least it has no buttons so if any of my mates get one and I have to use it I wont look as stupid as I do normally pressing the screens on there non touch screen phones !

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

snigger.

And they're still bothering with symbian? At some point they've got to realise that it's not only the operating system that is crap but also the development tools.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I particularly like the first first video where she keeps going to press things twice because she's not sure if the phone has not registered the tap or it's just lagging.

I'd have to see one in real life to judge what it's actually like though.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
it looks like a nice phone, its got some nice parts but it kinda screams "IM TRYING TO BE LIKE AN IPHONE!!!" it looks nice but it just seems a bit slow and jerky... like the web browsing, moving around the page it jerks and goes slow, it doesnt seem as intelligent as a iPhone screen....

i have my old 2g iphone jailbroken and i was looking last night... apple REALLY need to allow more customization of the iphone when its locked, i would love them to release summerboard or winterboard or similar, just to allow a bit more freedom with it! :(

i converted someone to an iphone the other day, showed them the midomi ap.... got it to reconise a song, then it brought up the youtube link and the option to buy it in itunes... they went and got one straight away lol.

I particularly like the first first video where she keeps going to press things twice because she's not sure if the phone has not registered the tap or it's just lagging.

Unfortunately, Most of the menu's use the double tap feature. It's not lag and the she has'nt got it wrong.

Ibiswhite Audi S3 8P
Its still jerky and laggy.
Thats was also the reason I bought an Iphone 3G last week, and tryin to sell my N95 8GB. I still have it laying around here, and when I use it now it even feels worse. So slow compared to the Iphone.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

Unfortunately, Most of the menu's use the double tap feature. It's not lag and the she has'nt got it wrong.

She's definately single tapping, she taps, waits a second or two and then goes to tap again, but before she gets there it finally actions what she originally did.

5800 to be released in 7 markets.

India, Russia, Spain, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Uniited Arab Emirates, Indonesia

Source. Reuters (Will link to later as im posting from PS3)

Citroen DS3 DSport
I liked the look of this from the photos I viewed yesterday but those videos make the interface look very slow.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Pisch all of them...A fone is a fone...it should look nice and send txts/make calls! Job done!

Hows texting on the iPhone? A friend of mine has one and its laggy as hell!

He needs to update the firmware, it's fixed now.

Ugh, I'm going to do a backup and restore on mine.

2.1 is awful - everything it "fixed" it's caused on mine?! Very odd. Slow keyboard (which I didn't have before) and call drops (which I didn't have before). Ugh!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
He needs to update the firmware, it's fixed now.

Ugh, I'm going to do a backup and restore on mine.

2.1 is awful - everything it "fixed" it's caused on mine?! Very odd. Slow keyboard (which I didn't have before) and call drops (which I didn't have before). Ugh!

*unless you're daz, in which case it b0rks everything. :p