ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sale advice

renault clio 182
Hi all,

I have a clio 182 sport that I'm (reluctantly) looking to sell (family has grown!) and I was wondering if anyone has any recent experience selling or buying that can advise on realistic pricing etc.

It's a clio 182, 54 plate with 129,000 miles on the clock. It's one of the petrol blue coloured ones which I was informed when I bought it that there were only 27 others made that colour. Unfortunately, the condition of the bodywork isn't the best...something flew off a scrap truck recently and hit the bonnet 😡...it's got a dent and scratch from that. There's also a couple of other scratches, probably not much more than most 15 year old cars. It is in general need of some TLC. I took it to a garage and was quoted around £500 to replace and colour match the bonnet so I would take that into account when selling. I've owned it since 2006 and I believe there was only one previous owner but would need to confirm that

I appreciate this a bit vague but any advice would be appreciated. Also, I'm guessing I should have posted this to the market place but I couldn't seem to choose that forum...

Thanks

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Hi all,

I have a clio 182 sport that I'm (reluctantly) looking to sell (family has grown!) and I was wondering if anyone has any recent experience selling or buying that can advise on realistic pricing etc.

It's a clio 182, 54 plate with 129,000 miles on the clock. It's one of the petrol blue coloured ones which I was informed when I bought it that there were only 27 others made that colour. Unfortunately, the condition of the bodywork isn't the best...something flew off a scrap truck recently and hit the bonnet 😡...it's got a dent and scratch from that. There's also a couple of other scratches, probably not much more than most 15 year old cars. It is in general need of some TLC. I took it to a garage and was quoted around £500 to replace and colour match the bonnet so I would take that into account when selling. I've owned it since 2006 and I believe there was only one previous owner but would need to confirm that

I appreciate this a bit vague but any advice would be appreciated. Also, I'm guessing I should have posted this to the market place but I couldn't seem to choose that forum...

Thanks

You need to be a paid up member to post in the market place section mate.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
When were the belts last done?

If they’re due that’ll have to be factored into the value of the car. Belts and dephaser come in at around £500 if I remember correctly.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
can someone who's not a paid up member post in the what's it worth thread.

The responses in there are usually pretty spot on.

renault clio 182
Thanks for the quick replies 😁 glad to hear I should be able to sell it... Sort of!! My wife's been hassling me to get rid for years and now she's pregnant with our second child I'm going to have to relent 😭

As for the belts, I need to check... They were done at the first service that they're required (60k maybe?) But not since

You can still have a 182 with a couple of kids.
Petrol blue is a very rare colour. I'd think hard about selling it (soz to all the sharks out there lol!)

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
I ran a 172 along side an Abarth 500 with kids, but they were about 10 and 13 then. I wouldn't want to drive one if there was a baby involved.

The amount of stuff you have to carry about with those little things is unbelievable, especially if your going away for a few days.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Thanks for the quick replies 😁 glad to hear I should be able to sell it... Sort of!! My wife's been hassling me to get rid for years and now she's pregnant with our second child I'm going to have to relent 😭

As for the belts, I need to check... They were done at the first service that they're required (60k maybe?) But not since

Belts are done on time interval as well as mileage.

if they were done 4 years ago on 60k miles and the car is on 129k miles they’ll be due on both counts,