ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Salt water damage to MCP

Is there any way of restoring a MBP that's been fully submerged in salty ocean water? My mums been told its not possible but I just wanted to check for her!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Doubtful, you can try and dry it by opening it up and putting silica packets around, some people use rice too.

You may be able to recover data, how did it happen?

It's only a month or so old, so not really that much stuff to be saved! She's bought a new one already but just thought the old one might be salvageable possibly! She was climbing from a rib onto her boat and it fell out of her bag into the sea which is a bit of a shitter! Guessing is worth nothing now?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Stick it on ebay, water damaged, non working.

Someone'll buy it, probably get a fair bit for it tbh.

about a week ago, only just found out because she's in morocco so don't speak on the phone often. Just ebay it then? how much roughly could she get? £100?

Think it's a 13 but could be 15, will check when I can! No marks at all from memory as its literally weeks old!

172 Cup
Stick it on eBay, you'll get way more than £100 for a water damaged MBP.

I've seen some water damaged iPhones going for double that easily!