ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Samsung Omnia HD

Mini Cooper S sport
I've read a few reviews, I was just interested in other people's opinions, or ideas for any alternative phones.

Mini Cooper S sport
In your opinion. The Omnia HD records video in HD, which the iPhone does not - in fact it doesn't record video at all. It also has (according to reviews) an excellent camera. The iPhone does not.

I also like to send photo messages which I don't think the iPhone does either.

It's just not for me.

Last edited:

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
I can send mms with my iphone, there is an app that allows you to do it.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
best thing about the ihpone imo is the interface, the previous version of the omnia, the OS was s**t and slow. If they'#ve changed that though, bonza :)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
PMSL. She doesnt want an iPhone, so why try and sell one to her through "what it can do with a bit of tweaking" ?

It was made clear in post #1 an iPhone was not on the list. Every phone thread seems to swing towards the iPhone. I would have one myself, but I want video recording, MMS, a good camera and a fully working bluetooth. It may have a few of these, but I want them all. Also, I have an iPod Touch which does most of the App and Wifi things, so no need for an iPhone this end, either. Just another decent phone for me.

As for the Samsung, seems like a good choice. The camera will be great, far better than the 5MP job on the HTC Touch HD (no flash and currently it's only real weak point).

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
i'ts just a hard sell to use other products which simply don't work aswell, especially nokias and windows OS, imo, of course if features are more important than the OS itself then yup i'm sure this or the new nokia 8mp cam will be perfect.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
i'ts just a hard sell to use other products which simply don't work aswell, especially nokias and windows OS, imo, of course if features are more important than the OS itself then yup i'm sure this or the new nokia 8mp cam will be perfect.

If I didnt have an iPod Touch, I'd definitely consider an iPhone 3G. I love my Touch, its superb. 2nd Generation with the latest firmware so it hasnt been jailbroken, either. However, I really need a good camera on a phone, as I take quite a lot of pictures and video recordings. I could just use a digital camera, but then I'm not in the habit of carrying around a camera and a phone in my pocket. Phone with decent camera FTW.

iPhone though : Fantastic package, all round, agreed. Just not for everyone.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
LOL i wil show some videos + photos from my HD, more like HTC reel to reel tbqfh

Citroen DS3 DSport