ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sand Racing: Mental

Popped over to Weston-super-Mare on Sunday for the annual Sandocross. Basically several classes of car, from £50 Ebay bangers right up to specially built off-roaders and everything inbetween.

Amazing, anyhow. Considering it was free it was probably one of the best motorsport days out I've had, several rolls, the insane Corsa 4x4 my old driving instructor runs and some other brilliant machinery out playing in the sand...

First of all, this is the actual view you got of any car that wasn't in first place at any given time...
533971893_LvgHm-L.jpg

Thankfully I learnt how to shoot them pretty quickly...

533070017_uqFu5-L.jpg

533074914_RDGeG-L.jpg

533092104_DkvFU-L.jpg

533105970_Ti7i4-L.jpg

533081241_AiYG6-L.jpg

533109160_ef6EC-L.jpg

533116044_MbGfK-L.jpg

533137219_qD4tH-L.jpg

533124189_GiPSi-L.jpg

533139008_roKbQ-L.jpg

533938371_6rnvS-L.jpg

533927232_dd3NF-L.jpg

534022553_MjGGp-L.jpg

533909814_uukYd-L.jpg

533977505_PZ3th-L.jpg

Plenty more here: http://www.chrisharrison.smugmug.com/gallery/8164558_iogwK

Looks like such a laugh, but what a waste taking a FWD!

The light FWDs such as the 205s and Ibiza were rapid, the slowest cars were the big heavy Beemers and Japanese stuff. Imprezas were obviously quick but the 4WD Corsa was easily the quickest 'road' car there.

All great to watch though, the big 7 Series was sideways the entire time once up to speed, drifting around the corners and then snaking the entire length of each straight, great stuff.

RB 182 Cup
I was there marshalling in the centre. Excellent days motorsport... Don't think that 3 cars have ever rolled on one Sandocross! Can I pass on your photos to the drivers that I know? Most of them are Weston Motor Club members.

I was there marshalling in the centre. Excellent days motorsport... Don't think that 3 cars have ever rolled on one Sandocross! Can I pass on your photos to the drivers that I know? Most of them are Weston Motor Club members.

Yep of course, got loads more if any particular drivers are after pics of their cars. Link is http://www.chrisharrison.smugmug.com/gallery/8164558_iogwK if they want to take a look.

Didn't catch any of the rolls myself, was down the other end and just heard/felt the thump as they landed!

RB 182 Cup
Cheers Chris!

Awesome shots there! Just been flicking through them...

I will be passing them on to the drivers I know. If you want to get track side on a Weston motor club event, I can try and get you a photographers pass. No promises, but worth a shout. PM me for details.

Simon.

Bit surprised there were no MX-5s in attendance actually, the MR2 was certainly flying, so would liked to see how they would have performed.

I think a big thanks is in order. Contacted by somebody from WMC today as they want to use the sideways Beemer shot on the cover of the next regulations, awesome! I assume they found them through yourself, so cheers!

Not bad as it was literally my first ever autocross shot they chose!

RB 182 Cup
Yeah, I emailed your smugmug link off to a few of the guys I know that did the event, and they were chuffed. Let me know if you plan on coming down to another weston motor club event.

BTW the MR2 has a Rover / Honda V6 in the middle!