ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

scatch x

ford racing puma
is it save to use all over the bodywork and has anybody got any tips on applying it?
cheers

Megane225FF
think its just like polish, rub it on, the harder you rub, the more abrasive it is, then wait a few mins for it to dry, then rub off?
I'm no expert though - I could be doing it all wrong..

ford racing puma
Slugger said:
Be careful with it, dont press too hard.

What colour is your car?
Inferno. I was planning on useing it to get rid of tar marks and a few swirl marks.

106 GTi
Panel at a time in straight lines. Work it till it is gone, this way the abbrassives break down, it starts of aggressive and breaks down to a finishing polish. You need to press hard and work it as it wont do anything other wise. Its hard work mind.

To get more even pressure use a folded terry towel rather than hand foam pad. There shouldnt be much residue to remove if you have worked it long and hard enough, what is left should wipe away easily with a towel.

Dont be afraid of working it, its not like T cut, or other cutting compounds that are really harsh, this starts of cutting and dimishes down to a finishing polish to make sure it does not insert more marks than it removes.

106 GTi
zippyy said:
Inferno. I was planning on useing it to get rid of tar marks and a few swirl marks.

I would advise a tar remover first then rely on the Scratch X for the swirls.

S2000
I used it on my old cup and it scratched and faded the paintwork. On my old titanium 172 however it worked a treat.