ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scratches

A Beautiful R32
Went to longleat yesterday and a bloody dear scratched it's hoof down the side of my car about 7 times. So I've got seven or so 4"+ long scratches down the passenger door. Luckily they're quite lite, not like a key scratch. Any reccomendations on how to remove them... It's almost like they've taken the "gloss" off and not the paint - oh and they are really 'fine' scratches. :dapprove:

Very annoying, especially as my girlfriend was actually feeding the deer! Think it was just a greedy bugger trying to get more food. So next sunday's dinner is conscience free venison... (Just joking before I get flamed)...

Lots of Alfas
When I went Longleat last year somehow one of the monkeys pulled my door mirror glass out! I cant help with the scratches although I would like to know the answer aswel for my 'fine' scratch on my door.

106 GTi
If they are light as the man above says a few applications of Scratch X should short it by hand.

Any deeper and a Machine Polish with a PC at least will be needed, or a Rotary depending on the severity.

Can you catch a finger nail in them?

A Beautiful R32
ant said:
you went to a safari park in your motor????!!!!!

Yeah, the lions were bloody cool...

Rich, I can't "get" a finger nail in them but I can feel that they are there with a finger nail - if you know what I mean...

I used some turtle wax and some autoglym scratch remover on them last night, and they worked a bit. Couldn't see Scratch X in Halfords, any ideas on the best place to get it?

halfords sell it, if your local one doesn't, maybe try another one ?
all of the ones round my way sell it.