ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

screeching discs SOLVED!

Meg on pistonheads £6995

apparently since Asbestos has been taken out of brake pad linings, they are more prone to squeal or screech.

Dealer checked the pads and discs on the missus Citroen and found nuffin wrong, so seems fair - they could have stung me for more pads!

so is there nayway of stoppin brakes from squeekin?

mine have just started to do it as i come to a stop, and its p*ssin me off n i think its startin to get worse lol

my discs and pads r fine, what can be done??

Audi S3 225

Like BRUN said put loads of copper grease on the back of the pads, this is what i did, my pads were screeching like mad! when i used copper grease the screeching went away.

Hang on, simply because asbestos isn used anymore doesnt mean you should accept the screaching. It shouldnt, so the problem isnt sorted is it?

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

weve got the same problem with new megane with brake squeal.so far renault have tried a few mods but they havent cured it yet.you shouldnt have to put up with squealing brakes with asbestos or not.its been the law not to use asbestos for a while now.

Really?

We never has the screaching noise with the new meganes. I had the 2ltr 5 door for a while, nice car........probably better than the clio when the 225 comes out. Great chassis.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

mostly at low speeds and really bad in reverse.they made a shim kit but that hasnt solved it.under investigation by renault france last time i checked.