ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Screen fitting help

clio williams, Ph1 172

fm modulator should sort the sound out(can get at maplins i think), unless you have av input on your car stereo, then just plug it in there. Fm modulator goes into where your fm ariel did, then the ariel goes into the back of the modulator (so you can still tune the radio), the modulator has an av plug which you then plug sound out from dvd etc.

You will need a power convertor to run a play station (maplins too)

I havent got my tv yet, so thats all i know so far.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

ok

right dont go for fm modulator unless u REALLY have to,

what head unit do u have for 1,

as most companies do a little convertor lead, that has 2 phono imput leads on and u plug it in to the CD changer port on the back of your headunit, u can still use cd changer dont worry.

so what u would to is, stick tv video out, which is the lead u r showing, which is a s video lead, u would plug this in to the video in on the PS2, XBOX or dvd player, then on the PS2 for instance u would have a VID OUT, +2 sound out puts red and white phono leads, u would connect the audio cables in to the head unit adaptor which when the ps2 is powered on, the head unit would get a power serge from the audio and switch to AUX mode and give u sound through ur speakers.

u would need a power invertor for the ps2 or xbox, a 12v/240v invertor which u can get in maplins think they are like 30-40 quid.

worst comes to worst u would need an fm modulator, not the best things for sound quality in the world.

where did u get the screen ??

clio williams, Ph1 172

Got the screen off e bay.

had it working off the house DVD player and works pretty well.

My head unit is a Panasonic. Not sure which model as it was in the car. Its about 3 years old I think. Its the silver one that lights up a bright blue at night if that helps.

So If I get a DVD player, or a ps2 I just need the power inverter?

The screen has a few cables with it. It also has its own speaker if the worse comes to the worse.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

well not sure on your head unit, a fm modulator would be better than the onboard speaker lol.

u would need a power invertor for a ps2 or xbox but u can buy 12v dvd players so u wouldnt need a invertor if u went that way.

clio williams, Ph1 172

what u reckons the best bet then?

PS2 or in car DVD? If anyones got a cheap In car DVD give me a shout!

clio williams, Ph1 172

Cost me £90 including postage etc.

Its not the best one ive seen but its pretty good for the money I think.

THink I might be gettin a car DVD anyway. Will It work if the white and the yellow cables are plugged into it from the screen? Theres also a red one too.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

yellow is video
red is right audio
white is left audio

That is the way it SHOULD be.. not saying that it is though, and it looks like youve got an svideo connecter there too.

You will need at least a 150w invertor if you plan to power the ps2 in the car, maplins had a special on (might still be on) a 300w inverter for 29.99 its a modified sine wav one but it still does the trick.. the true sine wave ones are about 100 quid anyway.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

u can get xboxs now for 120 quid, ps2 is 160.

in car dvd looking around 100 quid ne way so it might be worht paying the extra for the ps2 or xbox?

MaLicE

Yeah xbox is bigger and heavier tho

Might have problems fitting it into the glove box. Plus u need to spend another 25 quid or so to get the DVD remote, cos u cant play DVDs without it.

If it can fit, id go for Xbox tho, its just better!

clio williams, Ph1 172

Got DvD off Paul172cup, cheers mate!

Just got it wired up roughly and got it all working. v good too.

Gonna go for a bit of an install tomorrow with it. Might even post up some pics of how i did it hehe.

I got sound by plugging the RCA leads from the dvd into the stereo. The screen has its own sound but sounds a bit poo so went for this method.

At the moment I have got the screen power cord plugged into the fag lighter jobby and have spliced into the cables and ran the power cord from them to power the dvd as well. Works ok But think Im gonna power it from somewhere else. Not sure where to run it from yet though, any ideas anyone?

clio williams, Ph1 172

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/file.php?image=1055932367__screenfit5.jpg

Agghhh too many wires. Tie wrapped em all up and found a nice place to ram them under the dash. I driller a hole in the glove box right in the corner to fit the wiring through, so pretty neat.

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/file.php?image=1055932533__screenfit6.jpg

just got these wires in the car. yellow for screen, red and white for sound. Got sound through the rear speakers for the dvd but can still have stereo sound through the front. or just press the auxiliry button on the stereo to just have the DVD sound.

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/file.php?image=1055932768__screenfit1.jpg

This is it in the car. Angled it slightly may way so I can watch it. When parked of course! hehe

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/file.php?image=1055932944__screenfit2.jpg

Another pic

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/file.php?image=1055932993__screenfit3.jpg

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/file.php?image=1055933075__screenfit4.jpg

And thats the DVD. Nice and small. even got space for a bit of stuff in there too.

Wire just gets trapped in the glove box door but clicks ok. Dont fancy drilling the top of the dash. Basically wired it up with one small hole in the glove box.

Eeh Its proper bo a tell thee!

Bo selecta!

clio williams, Ph1 172

Im maybe thinking about a smaller screen if i can get hold of a decent 5.1 inch. Then maybe cut the top dash and fit it there (I have a spare anyway) So if anyones got a decent 5.1 inch screen I might be interested. and Ill sell this one...

Stanced Honda S2000

hi paul, im trying to get hold of a decent screen, i want around a 5.6" TFT to fit in my new clio, where did u get yours from, help us out please, did u have loads of problems wiring yours up, im after wiring mine up to my ps2. cheers , rich .

clio williams, Ph1 172

NO it was f**kin well easy to wire it up.

All you basically do is wire uo from the dvd to the stereo with RCA leads and the screen has an adapter type thing that allows the yellow plug to go into the dvd. Its kinda hard to explain as theres loads of leads that I didn;t even need. I dont know that much about this sort of thing and I got it running in about ten mins.

The Screen had a fag lighter lead and the DVD had just bare wires to hook up to a power source, so for now I spliced into the screen wires near the fag lighter adapter and joined the dvd wires onto this, so they are both powered up from there. Think Ill run it from somewhere else when I get chance, but i wanted it in pretty quickly like.

I got my screen off e bay.

That Paul172cups screen looked good on his, he had it in the centre of the dash. fitted perfectly. Think that was about 5 inch.

If you want a 7.2 inch screen let me know as I might sell mine. It was brand new when I got it.

clio williams, Ph1 172

by the way a PS2 is a bit of a f**ker to fit I think compared as u need the power converter things. If u just wanna watch dvds get a player like the one i got. Its tiny and is f**kin ace. Just powers straight up with no f**kin about

Bumder With A Buffer

Ive got a in car dvd player an screen 2. screen is 7.2 inch widescreen and fits were the passenger sunvisor was. quite easy to wire up although im having problems getting the sound to come through my headunit. just makes a horrible buzzing but i think its coz my headunit dont have phono inputs only outputs?? what do u think???

p.s got 1 ps1 going in there soon, was gonna go for ps2 but my mate gave me ps1 for free!

clio williams, Ph1 172

No idea to be honest mate. I just plugged stuff in till i got sound. I got loads of extra connectors that I dunno what they do lol. it works so im happy hehe.